Corsair

Getting to Know You for April 2019

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for April 18, 2019

What was your favorite shirt when you were a kid?

If by kid you mean teenager, I had several.

AC/DC shirt featuring Bon Scott

Motörhead Shirt 

Manowar shirt.

You might notice a theme here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well, I didn't have one. But! I did have a favorite dress! It was white, with colourful hearts all over it and a rainbow of ribbons across the bodice. I still have it actually, packed away with a bunch of dolls from my wee years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't recall ever having one. From what I remember, clothes weren't all that important to me back then.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Corsair said:

Back in the days of yore, I had a flannel with a light thermal lining that I wore until it fell apart. 

• Like 5

I had a bunch of shirts with animals on them that I liked a bunch.

But if there was a "look" that encapsulated me in high school, it was jeans and Doc Martens beneath a heavyweight black T-shirt (with a small Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas logo embroidered on the left chest), covered in a Black Watch flannel. I usually wore a grey-and-brown herringbone Tweed flat cap as well. It wasn't precisely fashionable, but it was definitely what I wore most of the time.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

From my pile of metal band shirts, my girlfriend of the time gave me a Testament one that was full print (pattern covered the entirety of the shirt).  That one wins.  Wish I could find a picture of it...  

• Like 4

I didn't have any favorite clothes as a boy or teen. I went from a skinny sickly boy to a very heavily set teen. Apparel had little or no appeal for me.

• Like 5

I don't recall ever having a favourite shirt or favourite clothes when I was young.

I was a rebel and I quite content to spend my days in my underwear. Take that clothes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

One I didn't destroy in two weeks or less, and didn't impede my ability to move.  Unsurprisingly, this is still pretty much my main qualification I hold for any piece of clothing I wear..  Oh, and had minimal to no branding on it. 

Cotton blend t-shirts are usually the most popular for me (Adidas makes some really comfy t-shirts, and some of them are only adorned with a small logo!), but lately the Under Armor UV blocking black ones are my absolute favourite.  So much so hubby tried to steal them, because he likes them too! 

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

If by kid you mean teenager, I had several.

AC/DC shirt featuring Bon Scott

Motörhead Shirt 

Manowar shirt.

You might notice a theme here.

Yes, today's letter of the day is clearly the letter "M", and you prefer groups with three syllables to their name *nods sagely*

I suspect that previous paragraph should have been in purple, but oh well :devil:

• Haha 6

I remember I wore a Zorlac Skateboard t shirt with the "Metallica" pushead image on it from one of their decks until it was mostly just holes. Had the matching deck as well. Never cared for the band much after their first album, but that skateboard and that image were pretty awesome to teenage me. Here is that image...

cc3446f3a32c3a6b533a32c1d681d382--skate-art-lowbrow-art.jpg.d51c0106ddb807623acd5097d99a7020.jpg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

Honestly, I don't recall that I had one.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:
11 hours ago, Corsair said:

I don't recall ever having one. From what I remember, clothes weren't all that important to me back then.

This and it's probably still true today. For me clothes and tools are things I use up and throw away. No real emotional attachment although I do get annoyed when I stain one of my newer ones because I did something messy for a second without changing. 

• Like 6

Led Zeppelin shirt with the Celtic Knotwork on it. I still have it, albeit in much worse shape. 

• Like 5

On 4/16/2019 at 3:59 AM, Corsair said:

Question for April 16, 2019

Obviously inspired by yesterday's tragedy, what is the most memorable place you have ever been

Sorry about the late replies, life has been a tad hectic lately.

I'm not really that fond of cities, so most of my memorable places are out in the middle of nowhere. Some favourites include-

Florida Everglades- sunny, humid, awesome wildlife. A bit of a shock to a lass from Scotland, but in a really good way

Lake Como- we went to the Italian side, it's totally stunning.

St Kilda- a small group of islands to the north west of Scotland. It's inhabitants abandoned it in 1930 and is now a nature reserve and UNESCO heritage site. Totally worth the 4 hour boat trip from Skye

Closer to home, I'm never going to stop shouting about the Kelpies at Falkirk. I'll post photos tomorrow, my tablet isn't cooperating with me tonight ::(:

On 4/16/2019 at 7:37 AM, Cyradis said:

Too many places on the list but among them... 

Manmade: Doune Castle in Scotland. It is where a famous Monty Python scene regarding hamsters and elderberries was filmed. It tried to be a square castle and failed. 

I may live fairly close to said castle :ph34r: 

On 4/17/2019 at 3:22 AM, Corsair said:

Question for April 17, 2019

Reptiles as pets?

Love reptiles, but I'm way to squeamish to feed them :blink: Besides if I had space for a terrarium, I'd be putting in a decent sized fish tank.

17 hours ago, Corsair said:

I had a Muppets Show t-shirt that had been passed down through goodness knows how many relatives before it got to me. It was the only item of clothing that I actually took care of :zombie:

• Like 6