Sign in to follow this  
haldir

Homemade Ochre Jellies

Needed some for tonight's game.

Crayola air dry clay

(Also first photo taken with my Samsugn 10s. I'm impressed with the quality & the ease of uploading to the board!!)

15541612455337789502217926663058.jpg

• Like 16

8 hours ago, ced1106 said:

Have you tried other ways, such as hot glue or clear caulking? I was wondering which way was the easiest, best, cheapest, etc. 

https://www.jpikewriter.com/single-post/2017/01/24/How-To-Create-a-Black-Pudding-Miniature

I haven't but I did see DMScotty's method & it looked interesting but these took me probably a grand total of 10 mins to go from opening package to base. Also as I had a 50% off coupon, I spent $2.49 on the clay & I had the bases. My usual way of doing minis for a game. Wait till the last moment....

Oddly when I put them in case they were still squishy. We didn't get to them last night but will next Monday (one of the first encounters of the Mine of Pandelver final dungeon). They'll be nice & dry by then. Nice thing about these is they are light as a feather. The plastic Wizkids base is prob heavier then the clay.

I need to make a Spectator mini, if I don't have my 3d printer up & running today, I may attempt to make that one as well.

350?cb=20171011162950

(medium size base)

• Like 3

Those look pretty cool.

Something I've done for ooze creatures: 1.find a candle of your desired color

2. Light said candle

3. Fill a bowl with cold water

4. Drip wax from the candle into the water. Have fun, make shapes.

Provided you have someplace where you can get candles in varying colors, this is super quick and easy. Been a while since I did this, so I don't have any pics, but I promise it works!

• Like 1

On 4/2/2019 at 2:34 PM, Sanael said:

Those look pretty cool.

Something I've done for ooze creatures: 1.find a candle of your desired color

2. Light said candle

3. Fill a bowl with cold water

4. Drip wax from the candle into the water. Have fun, make shapes.

Provided you have someplace where you can get candles in varying colors, this is super quick and easy. Been a while since I did this, so I don't have any pics, but I promise it works!

That kinda sounds like DMScotty's method, other then he uses hot glue spun in a pan of water.