Sign in to follow this  
Talae

Sir Forscale

I sent Reaper my only painted Sir Forscale for that contest a while back. I need to get another painted for use in pictures as a scale reference.

The last one was blue and white. I am thinking this ones might need to be red and black with a dark steel metal instead, but I haven't decided yet. Any suggestions or inspiration material?

20190401_224807.thumb.jpg.6c5db90de50266e062c86d6c3d48c316.jpg

• Like 9

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      A while back I figured that no collection was really complete without a Sir Forscale and I thought I'd paint him in the colors of Figmentius. Eventually I'll do one for all the houses.

I was pleasantly surprised how well the freehand on the Unicorn turned out. Tonight is also the first time using my new camera, and the photos turned out quite well after I figured out what a Macro was.

• By OneBoot
      I was inspired by how the paint combination on the Copper head of my Ma'al Drakar turned out, so I thought it would be fun to turn a mini into a bronze/copper statue!

Given that I still didn't have a fully painted Sir Forscale (@Reaperbryan owns all 3 of the ones I've painted to date), I decided it was high time I had one of my own.

Those two things resulted in this:

I removed him from his broccoli base and glued him onto a 20mm Reaper base, so he'd have a pedestal sort of thing to stand on. He was very quick to paint up, just Green Liner, Copper Verdigris, a light Turquoise Ink wash, then careful drybrushing of Coppery Orange.

I had fun thinking about what the wear patterns on a regular statue would be, hence why sections of his base and his right foot are so much shinier than the rest. Because given any flat surface, people are going to sit on it to rest or take pictures, and prominent areas are usually kept shined from people rubbing them.

And here's a couple of pics just for fun, since Ma'al is still hanging out on my desk:

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
    • By Pezler the Polychromatic
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF5C04CB-VQ

I did it!

Finally, my first Show Off thread ever for something that wasn't just for my personal enjoyment! And did I ever pick a big project to do it with. This one had stretched my meager skills to the limit, but I managed to finally complete it. WIP here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/70091-77008-sir-hue-forscale-first-knight-of-polychromus-wippic-heavy/

From deep with the arcane workgrounds of Castle Polychromatic was forged Sir Hue ForScale, First Knight of Polychromus, Guardian of the Halls of Spectra, Measurer of Magniftints, Watcher of the Seen and Unseen. A construct specially created to protect the Papal Realms from eldritch horrors, he is the shepherd of Colours Out of Space. You could say that he's their................designated drover.

To you, my friends, I unveil my creation!:

His shield is adorned with the Grinning Lizard, crest of Pezler the Polychromatic, representing him no matter where he goes ( and to advertise the Grinning Lizard Tavern; Tuesdays are half off Polychromatic Fizzys!). Below that to represent the SpacePope he serves is the Sacred Hat, whose very presence has the power to make people intone the mystical words, "Hey, Bryan's here!"

Protected by the Tabard of the Tumbling Cosmos, he goes out in search of threats to the integrity of the spectrum, without which all paint would have no colour, making our hobby pretty darn dull. He smites foes with a sword created from the carapace of the Giant Iridescent Killer Rainbow Beetle (Arcus pluvius popsiclus), bringing new colour to the villains of the realms ( the colour he usually makes them is 'dead'). His eyes watch over the spectra both seen and unseen, keeping you all safe from those who would rob your paints of all colour( or just rob your paints; I'm looking at you, Buglips).

To enhance his powers, he has been suffused with the essences of several forumites to give him their strengths: the purple boots of OneBoot, for her stompy powers against the tiny eldritch horrors (but how can they be two boots when her name is Oneboot, you ask? OneBoot2=OneBoot. Simple polychromathemagics.); Guindyloo Blurple among the speckles for her face-huggy abilities; tangerine for Buglips, Emperor of Mooning, he who actually bleeds paint; Blood for the Blood God paint on the sword gems for ub3r_n3rd, he who helps bring the smackdown; And the Grinning Lizard, who was created long ago from modifying a sketch of a frog, which seems appropriate for Froggy the Great.

I had a blast creating this figure for the contest, and it certainly put my meager skills to the test. I have enjoyed a year on the forums, and I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to keep doing this. I'm afraid I couldn't get the last updates for my WIP, since I wanted to make sure that I finished in time. There's a lot of different paints added since the last update, but I don't think it's worth mentioning them unless someone asks. I did, however, add eyes for him using a touch of interference blue in each socket. I think that Sir Hue is the only Forscale that actually has eyes.

PM and email has been sent to ReaperBryan, so it's all good now. Will do some touching up here and there before he gets shipped out, but he will join his brethren soon enough. The Sir Hue will remain vigilant over you all, to keep your tones, tints and shades safe.

He is always watching.............
    • By TGP
      This will be more of a 'admit I painted him' thread than a Show-Off. But here are some pix:

• By OneBoot
      I've finally decided to get my boot in gear and paint up my submission to Reaperbryan's Sir Forscale competition: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69934-sir-forscale-painting-competition/

I'll be painting him up in the traditional Papal Guard colors of dark green and gold, using mostly metallics because SHINY.

First set of pictures!

EDIT: I can't get my pictures to work; apparently, Google Photos killed Picasa web albums for good sometime earlier this week.
      Have this picture of a cat instead while I try to get it figured out. 

EDIT EDIT: I've found a truly grotesque workaround for now, which I've used for these first two pics. Further pictures in this thread will have to wait until I work out something better.

His tabard and glove are all Reaper paints, starting with Rich Green and highlighting through various combinations of Rich Green, Christmas Wreath, Grass Green and Clear Green, in that order. Before the final Clear Green highlight, I did a Grass Green wash to tie it all together. I may do one final highlight to really make it look nice, but it's decent as-is.

The gold edging is P3 Solid Gold, and it is SO SHINY YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA. I mean, uh, hey look at that awesome NMM I totally did. Yeah. 

Huzzah!
      --OneBoot :D
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 4 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)