Ral Partha Female Mage with Staff by Julie Guthrie

72moonglum

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pingo said:

What a lot of charming little details. And wow, you can see from the base how tiny she is! You really did an impressive job with her face and fingernails.

Thank you Pingo!  She’s a beautiful little figure!  When I remember to or get around to it, I’ll try to get something set up next to her to give a size comparison figure, I’ll put her next to a quarter or a bottle of paint.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Redd Knekk said:

Absolutely beautiful job! Great skin tones and face! 

Thanks Mr. Knekk, now that we've established your gender! I supposed the bearded dwarf icon should have given it away, but we all know those tales of those hairy lady dwarves.....

15 hours ago, Warlady said:

She's lovely!  So nice to see these old minis being painted!

Thank you Warlady, I'm happy people like the oldies!

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great work an her!

She looks stunning!

Thanks Glitterwolf, Julie Guthrie did such an excellent job on this figure, it's easy to bring her to life!

5 hours ago, Iridil said:

Beautiful work on this little lady! I love the simple clean look, highlighted by the lovingly painted details!

Thanks Iridil, so many of the older school figures are very clean, simple and straight-forward, not overly laden with all types of bags, backpacks, pouches, gadgets and a slew of extra weapons, it's part of that classic, old-school feel!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Hello to all you Reaperthalians!

Here's another figure I just got done with, Shara Darksteel, a Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals figure.    I really like her skull mask, and tried to give her some darker slightly Gothy colors, without making her just black, and her robe ended up looking more or less like a monk's robe.

my settings that I use seem to tamp down the color of these figures, her hair is much more vibrant and the features on her bolts are a lot more red.

I used bright skin as her base color, which was a color I hadn't used in quite a while so that was nice to do something different.  

I wish I knew who the sculptor was for this miniature, but not quite sure. Might have to hunt her down in the Lost Mini Wiki.

So anyhoos, more to come as long as breath flows from my body and my hands don't shake!

Hope everybody had a nice Turkey Day!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reapertoniks!

Here's a few more Partha classics, three more elves sculpted by Tom Meier in around 1976-1977, a musician that belongs I think to a command group, the commander with that command group, and a female elf that I think came separately?

Used the same color schemes I had for my earlier elves, hope you enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello Reapervites!
      So here are three more Wood Elf figures, been working on a group of these and getting them finished little by little.

With them all, want them to be kind of the same but a little bit of variety, so tried to vary clothing colors and hair colors, but keeping it all in natural and autumn colors, browns, greens and oranges/yellows.  So anyhoos, here are three more:

Tried to some freehand that would tie in on the shield and banner.  My freehand is sometimes not the greatest, but oh well, give me something to want to learn better!

So enjoy!
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are some ensemble pictures of my entry in the "Dia de los Muertos" Sugar Skull Painting Contest. I had simply posted a closeup photo of the skull for the contest. This is the Bones version of 77116, Colossal Skeleton sculpted by Jason Wiebe. This Undead is Huge, 120mm tall, almost 5 inches. Notice I repositioned its arms and removed the shrouds that were hanging between its legs.

The other elements on the base are from Reaper Miniatures as well. There are 77528, Graveyard Ruined Fences by Bob Ridolfi, a 77531, Graveyard Fence Post and 77731, Gargoyle Finials also by Bob Ridolfi, a 77538, Gravestone of Sorrow sculpted by Julie Guthrie and one of the 77534, Tombstones sculpted by Kevin Williams. I used roots, birch tree seed hulls and various synthetic mosses to complete the scene. The base is 75mm (3 inches) wide and was 3d printed. Enjoy!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reaperlodytes!

Continuing the work on some old school goodness, more Ral Partha elves from 1976 I think:

These are all wood elves, and I've got some more coming, so I'm trying to get them painted in browns, yellows, oranges and greens.

These are their two spearmen.

Just like the Elven Princess, back in the pre-history of miniatures.  Super straight forward, a little awkward, amazing to compare these to Tom Meier's more recent figures!

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)