Sign in to follow this  
BlazingTornado

Anyone want to ID some old minis?

Dwarf pirate found!

Old Glory Miniatures. Comes with some of their cannon sets, "Dwarven Medium Cannon with Crew" and "Dwarven Horse Artillery with Crew".

That just leaves the little silver and red knight.

So close. So close.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 6:59 AM, BlazingTornado said:

Dwarf pirate found!

Old Glory Miniatures. Comes with some of their cannon sets, "Dwarven Medium Cannon with Crew" and "Dwarven Horse Artillery with Crew".

That just leaves the little silver and red knight.

So close. So close.

The Photobucket pics are gone.

Can you show us the two models you're still looking for?

Nothing so far, I will keep looking though.

The difficulty with this one is that it can be both a Fantasy mini or a Historical mini, it could even be cast from a mold like Prince August sold.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Nothing so far, I will keep looking though.

The difficulty with this one is that it can be both a Fantasy mini or a Historical mini, it could even be cast from a mold like Prince August sold.

I am guessing that it’s probably a historical, but even there, there isn’t anything inherent in the base design to give a clue. I’m pretty familiar with the Prince August molds, though, and it isn’t one of them...

• Like 2

I got him with all the other minis that needed IDing, along with more Ral Partha and Grenadier pieces from across the ages.

So it's possible he's a historical but he'd definitely be the outlier of the bunch if that were the case.

• Like 1

The base seems rough to me.  Is there any additional basing or non-metal material there?

He appears to have a beaked helmet, which I don’t think is common for minis, so that could help narrow things down.

• Like 1

It was glued to a washer with some sandy material around it when I got it. Removed that and what you see in the pic is all that's there. It's entirely possible the base was modded by the painter, I had a Grenadier ninja mounted similarly, and his base was severely trimmed down.

The only marking of note is that mirrored "L" that you can sorta see on the blurry pic, in the top right.

• Like 2