Sign in to follow this  
Ratmaster2000

Question about Milliput

So I have a box of the standard (grey/green?) milliput epoxy, and it has started to have like a green discoloration(one side, not the other). It still seems to mix correctly, though it does seem to take a bit to set. Is this a known issue, has the batch gone bad, have I done something wrong?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

So I have a box of the standard (grey/green?) milliput epoxy, and it has started to have like a green discoloration(one side, not the other). It still seems to mix correctly, though it does seem to take a bit to set. Is this a known issue, has the batch gone bad, have I done something wrong?

I have a set that does that, still mixes and works like a charm, my gues is it is due to handling, I do keep it sealed in the plastic, but when mixing a little I have touched it and maybe the natural oils in our skin cause this?

• Thanks 1

I have some that does this. I think it might be the age. I know mine is several years old. Still mixes and cures fine, though to be safe I have only been using it for large gap filling and basing, not detail sculpting. 

• Like 1

Typically that is oxidation of the hardener.  If you dig into it it is probably only on the outside of the material.  Apoxie Sculpt does the same thing.  I have noted no difference in the performance of it.  Storing your putty in the freezer stops this from happening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Thanks everyone, that makes me feel better:) Off to stamp some bases I guess:) Eager to try my new seppuku stamps:)

Let the putty cure a bit so it won't be too sticky when you use it for stamps or rollers.

• Thanks 1