Talae

77185 - Large Earth Elemental lava style speed paint

I would love some feedback (but please keep in mind that the intent was minimal time spent).

• Like 2

love the base! 

the elemental is very effective for fast lava, and the color palette blends perfectly with the lava flows beneath it.

for an hour that's good work. 

the Elemental could benefit from more red/orange transition between the yellow and black.  - the base does it better. 

• Like 3

Tabletop awesomeness! I don’t care how long it took, it turned out great. 1 hr? You just leveled up for taking the dry brush route and turning this out. Great job!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Evilhalfling said:

love the base! 

the elemental is very effective for fast lava, and the color palette blends perfectly with the lava flows beneath it.

for an hour that's good work. 

the Elemental could benefit from more red/orange transition between the yellow and black.  - the base does it better. 

Thanks! I will definitely hit it with some more orange and red before using the backdrop for some better pics.

1 hour ago, Redd Knekk said:

Tabletop awesomeness! I don’t care how long it took, it turned out great. 1 hr? You just leveled up for taking the dry brush route and turning this out. Great job!

Thanks! Drybrush + recipe + big brush makes for a quick job. Would have been even faster if I used three brushes instead of one. Cleaning between probably took half the time.

• Like 3

Geologist approved lava elemental ::D:

It is super lavalike!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

Geologist approved lava elemental ::D:

It is super lavalike!

Thanks!

I am actually going to use it slightly differently in my next session. My players just burned down an outpost in the Mournlands after defeating the warforged soldiers inside. The obvious retaliation is for the remains of the fire to come to life as this elemental and seek vengeance. 

• Like 5

Impressive for 1hr - very table top ready! I think I can maybe get a figure primed in that time....

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 3:42 PM, Othikent said:

For an hour this is really good work!

On 4/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, Warlady said:

Great look for so short a time!

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Impressive for 1hr - very table top ready! I think I can maybe get a figure primed in that time....

Thanks everyone! I have been trying to speed up the process of getting minis from unpainted to table-ready. The airbrush has definitely helped for the primer and one-color base coating stages. I haven't pushed myself to try and use the airbrush for other stuff much yet.

• Like 2