Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

War Machine/Hordes

Is this game doing badly or something? Both of my FLGSs have their stock on a serious markdown.

• Like 1

Yes/No?

The new edition was not received as warmly as anticipated due to a number of issues. (One of my friends plays Skorne and initially he was like, "I'm out." and then PP essentially just changed the Skorne right back to what they were.)

Their attempt at resin in-house casting to be 'Forge World' ... well, it's workable and I haven't personally had problems but I've seen some horror stories.

Too many rule changes too quick.

The web site is and has been terrible for years.

The death of No Quarter and the fiction line didn't win any fans.

But they have a fairly strong die-hard fan base so I'm not sure what that'll mean in the long term. Over on RPG.net there's a pretty good thread about this subject.

• Like 4

I knew the rules changes upset a lot of people.  Warmachine/Hordes products have essentially evaporated in my area. 

Not sure if the Monsterpocalypse products are manufactured in house, but they might change your mind in their resin. 

• Like 2

A decent amount of places have been steadily clearing out their stock over the past while... It just doesn't move, it's like the player base took a huge hit on the most recent edition.   Stores who used to be almost fanatical with their support,now refuse to even order that company's product in... (then again, Red Claw went all in on Games Workshop, but I suspect there were other reasons too) 

Supply issues probably aren't helping either, so many of their products will go out of stock for long periods of time - paints being one example.  Paints are a royal pain to find through pretty much anywhere, and I've wanted to try their paints out. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Supply issues probably aren't helping either, so many of their products will go out of stock for long periods of time - paints being one example.  Paints are a royal pain to find through pretty much anywhere, and I've wanted to try their paints out. 

And while I hate the paint bottles themselves, the paints are top notch. They mix well, keep well, and have great coverage and consistency. Their 'neutral' colors are some of my favorite.

• Like 4