77040 Bones Satheras, Male Warlock, Limited Palette

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your comments.

This was the first time I have really worked with Zinc White and I think I'm in love. It's a much lower tinting-strength white than Titanium White, which sounds bad, but turns out to be really useful. Mixing subtle gradients is easy and I didn't see any of the graininess than often happens with Titanium White.

The exercise was really interesting. As often happens, the restriction of only using two hues meant that I had to really exercise my creativity. The range of browns was interesting and I think effective. The purple was so strongly tinting that I found it hard to use it to get color shifts without overwhelming whatever I mixed it with.

The NMM in most cases was really weak, partly because I need much more work on NMM and partly because I'd like to do a bit more color shifting in the shadows and highlights, but the pauldrons were the best of that. And I know quite a lot more about how all of the paints I used here work now than when I started.

• Like 2