Sign in to follow this  
HolkDiggity

14057: Iks, Overlords Sergeant

Looks great!

I love it, the lava glow gives this skeleton a sinister look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HolkDiggity
      Hey all!
      Here's a quick speedpaint from this evening. It was a two hour deal, from prime to varnish. The only thing that I did yesterday was assembly.

• By cosxcam
      First real attempt at object source lighting.

Model was zenithal primed and painted using glazes and inks

• By Loim
      Been working on this off and on since RCon. I originally intended to enter it for my Ed Sculpt, but ran out of time. Instead I focused on trying to get a decent fast paint job. I'd guess I'm at about 6 hours total over 4 or 5 days. Sorry I didn't take many process pics. The next step is basing. I have a few ideas, but I'm trying to let them gel a bit. 

• By Mutilatedlips
      More practice with nmm. I mixed some brown with the gray for the sword/shield, may not do that every again. Trying not to have it look like stone and not sure how I feel about the results. 
      My gold isn't very good, I tried with the symbol on the shield and I was disappointed. Pretty much happy with everything else though, especially the bones.

• By Cyradis
      This is the end result of me trying ~2.5 sources of light for OSL. Red from magic runes below, teal from a flame in hand, and some moonlight from above.
      The character is our magic user (archivist/wizard/mystic theurge for Wee Jas), who got pretty beat up last session - but he got better. Hence title "revived". His familiar is an Aussie magpie, which was so vexing to paint, because instead of just a black bird, she has some spots. Gah!
      The character is pale, with black hair, and wears black and gray.... so I had a bit of an adventure trying to work around that too.
      The figure is a converted version of Dark Sword's Stephanie Law "Male Mage". I took it off the base and put it on a new one (I think MicroArtStudio?). I also filed off the tiny beard to make it just a little more different. I then took off the staff, and took the Bird on a Rock from that kickstarter and put it on the hand. That thing is on there with superglue, greenstuff, and prayers.
      The red OSL specifically wouldn't have been possible with my Reaper reds; that's Kimera paints. I tried Reaper Blood Red and it just wouldn't go bright enough. On the palette, it looks the same as Kimera's "The Red", but The Red is just sooooo much more vibrant. I thinned the heck out of it and started glazing it in.

Weakest point I think is the bird, but eh, that's okay.

Photos aren't perfect, but still better than what I used to get. Going to fiddle around with stuff again soon.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 201 Guests (See full list)