Sign in to follow this  
ironman1231

The Curse of Hollow Hills - Crippled God Foundry

image.thumb.png.99788cb8f5f6c1d654304a678580350f.png

“The Curse of Hollow Hills”  is a miniature project of fantasy heroes & undead monsters for role playing and board game enthusiasts, painters and collectors.

If funded, it will include a collection of more than 35 original sculpts (including future stretch goals), inspired by the most iconic undead creatures of fantasy novels, RPGs & tabletop boardgames.

www.facebook.com/CrippledGodFoundry/posts/2062784023819601

• Like 6

Someone literally posted in the 'Bones we'd like to see' thread the other day saying they'd like more undead fantasy figures :lol:

Edited by Adrift
  • Like 1

I like the look of a few figures in each set, but probably not enough to back any particular set or group except maybe the big undead monsters... Not sure if I'll wind up in for this one or not...

• Like 2

I like the look of the Heroes group. But I don't know that I like it at the price that they're asking. The figures are nice enough, but not really nicer (and not really cheaper) than metal minis from Reaper or Dark Sword or whoever.

I'll probably be passing on this project.

2 minutes ago, Doug Sundseth said:

I like the look of the Heroes group. But I don't know that I like it at the price that they're asking. The figures are nice enough, but not really nicer (and not really cheaper) than metal minis from Reaper or Dark Sword or whoever.

I'll probably be passing on this project.

They are doing this in resin. The price is certainly lower than a Dark Sword equivalent size human (almost all of those are $10), about as much as Reaper. I think the bulk is a little less than modern Reaper casts, but not much ($6.88 per figure if you get the 8 heroes pack). 

Not sure I can say the price is unfair at all, but it isn't a huge Kickstarter bargain. Just a slight one. 

If they hit stretch goals, those look pretty nice for low-level pledges. Which might be a minor concern; a single figure pledge ($7) gets in on the first two stretch goals - hopefully that doesn't cause problems on funding vs ability to deliver. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cyradis said:

Not sure I can say the price is unfair at all, but it isn't a huge Kickstarter bargain. Just a slight one. 

I don't think it's unfair. (I'm a firm believer in companies pricing their products at whatever the market will bear.) I don't even think it's unreasonably higher than many of the big companies right now. And I rather like their sculpting.

I just don't think the value is significantly better than that of many other companies that are already on the market and whose products I can order today. And while I like their sculpting, I don't love their sculpting.

Anyone who does love their sculpting and trusts the company to deliver shouldn't feel cheated in any way as long as the product delivered is well represented by the renders. The figures they did for Black Magic Craft and the rest of the Crafter's Guild looked pretty good, though that was a small number of sculpts and a very limited number of castings per sculpt.

FWIW, I haven't seen any red flags other than perhaps the size of the offering for a small company, so I wouldn't personally worry too much about delivery.

• Like 3

There’s a handful I’m interested in, but I’m not sure my hobby budget allows for it.

Will keep an eye on the project, but a likely pass from me.

I'd be perhaps interested in a 1 figure pledge to check them out. Good stuff but not "must have". I've set a reminder, and will revisit. 

• Like 1

I might jump in for a couple or three, the inquisitor, warlock and witch hunter all have their charms. The inquisitor especially looks good, a formidable woman in sensible armour. Of course if she were wearing her helm she'd probably not be sporting such a big scar.

• Like 1