Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Warlord has released a Korean War supplement for Bolt Action as well as some miniatures. Since I already had some minis for the Ethiopian Kagnew Battalion that Haile Selasse sent to fight in Korea, I decided that I needed someone for them to fight and have thus started a Chinese PVA force. Also I'd like to get them done quick like so after some experiments I decided to do the uniforms with a combination of Army Painter and GW Contrast paint.
Since that isn't quite a horde, I have a couple of extra squads on order.
A closeup. Their skin has just a base coat and the fur hats haven't been started.
If you want to compare, the ones on yellow bases were done with AP primer and soft tone while the ones on pale bases were done with Contrast.
@SisterMaryNapalm and I both have some German Grenadiers (and I think he was some Fallschirmjager as well) that we are working on, and since that's a fine coincidence I thought it would be fun to share a thread with our work on them. I know we're at least using somewhat different paints, and possibly also different methods, so it might be interesting to see how they turn out.
These are mine from the Bolt Action Band of Brothers starter set. I have another squad, but all of those are wearing standard Feldgrau uniforms so they're represented here by the Leutnant with binoculars and map, and the NCO with field cap and submachinegun. Most of the others are wearing camouflaged tent quarters, so that should prove... challenging. At this stage, I've assembled them, primed them with stynylrez, and they've got a coat of VMC Feldgrau that I darkened 50/50 with Reaper Brown Liner. They're more assembled than I'd probably prefer, but I'm used to figures with fewer pieces so I haven't quite got a working method worked out for multipart multioption plastic figures yet. I don't expect it will be too much trouble. I hope not, anyway.
Apologies for any craptacular photos, I'm compelled to use my ancient Galaxy S3 and haven't yet replaced my camera. Frankenphone sometimes works, and sometimes it calls in sick.
After I started working on my Soviet Russian girls, I soon noticed that I missed some usable terrain.
So it was time for me to start making some.
I checked my stuff and ... unfortunately I didn't have got any usable terrain. But I had some 28mm Warhammer 40k barrels and boxes. So ... what to do with those? ...
Luckily I am a person full of ideas and dreams and melancholy. So I remembered back in the days when I was young, I played a game called "Blitzkrieg".
"Blitzkrieg" was a lovely game using a lovely graphic engine for displaying things. And they had this wonderful supply depot, which I think would be perfect
First off I have have to prepare some boxes to later have a good foundation for the blanket.
... which ended in in looking like this:
Time to paint!
The Show-Off thread for my Soviet Russian female Batallion project. You can find the WIP-thread here: ->Let's make ... Soviet Russian Female Battalion for Bolt Action<-
So ... without further Ado, let's get into the presentation ...
The first three figures are done. C&C are welcome.
Next group is already on its way.
Some of you already know my Roza Shanina build (Check here ->Let's present ... Roza Shanina<-) and my Russian tank commander and tank rider build (Check here ->Painting female Soviet tank commanders and tank riders<-) and some might have noticed the little glimpse of what I was working on at the headswap topic (check ->here<-).
But now it is time to present the project as a whole.
Whoever is interested in the background of the project might find an answer in this post ->here<-
So, let's get started.
As at the the time I started the project my sculpting skills were far inferior to what I am able to do today, I needed some plain surface for sculpting female attributes onto the body.
Luckily Warlord Games had just released a number of Soviet Russians in winter clothing, so I took the opportunity to get me a box of them and started working.
Unfortunately the heads I wanted to use were unavailable so I began working on the bodies alone. Not a problem for me. I am running around headless most of my time, so I know what I am doing.
After having cut out and cleaned the bases, it was time to go onto the bodies.
Using some greenstuff it was rather easy to make males into females. And luckily there are a lot of reference pictures of real female soldiers in WWII. Yeah - well. Those who know me know that I normally reject reality and substitute my own. Therefore - mixed real and anime approaches to make the girls visually appealing on a greater distance.
Time to dry!
Who's Online 14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)