• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WhiteWulfe
      Couldn't resist the silly-ish title - it was originally going to be "Novice Painter, versus LTPK:Core!" but I changed it a touch at the end..  Bonus points if you read that as the Innkeeper from Hearthstone. :P 

While I have painted miniatures in the past, I've first and foremost never shown such results to anyone, and secondly went in blindly with those ones, and while I was happy with them at the time, I wanted to improve.  Other things in life took over for a while, and then finally I said that's it, I'm either going to FINALLY paint my primered army of doom that was at Doom In June 2005 or I'm going to sell the minis I've had sitting in boxes for over a decade.  So glad I found out about the Learn to Paint Kits, because that pretty much solidified that decision right then and there :P

Anyways!  At some point we were all at this stage, and while looking over the pictures I can see a number of things I can improve on (*cough* like my up close photography skills *cough*), but for most things...  I'm happy with them.  Especially the chain mail on the Orc Marauder.  I just might have to retake some of these photos, because I realize looking at them that, uhm, first and foremost f1.7 blurs half the model, and secondly, I didn't get a shot of the backside of the Marauder's Shield, which I was also happy about.  Oops.

But before I ramble on for three pages......!

Drybrushing feels sooooo weird, but it was starting to click once I got to Magnu, even if I wound up overdoing it in a few areas and it so wasn't a dry effect anymore.  But that's life, we learn from our actions!
    • By hotdogthebarbarian
      Painted 2/17 with LTPK received at Xmas. Asked for it after tough experience painting minis with Folk Art craft paints. (See bugbear warrior post.) Soooo much easier! It was like a different art form altogether.

I followed the directions verbatim with the skeleton. I like greyish orcs so changed the skin tone and some other colors. IIRC, Mangu is per the painting guide.

• By Lorathorn
      Hello everyone,

So I have had reaper minis since the first bones kickstarter, but it wasn't until recently that I actually decided to start painting. I wanted to show off what I've done so far, and hopefully post other pictures as I make progress.

I realize that these are rough, and I appreciate any advice on the matter.

I posted these pretty well in the order that I painted them, and had anywhere from a few days to a few weeks between each mini. I think I am finally getting the hang of dry brushing, as seen with the golem, and the more I learn, the more I think I need to go back and touch up my older paint jobs.

But overall, I'm pretty happy with the way they look. I can't wait to use them at the game table!

P.S. I probably need to find a better place and method for taking pictures. These are ok, but I like the more professional looking pictures I tend to see. Apologies if the quality on these pictures is not excellent.
    • By hiddenone32
      After lurking around off and on for the past year and a half or so I've decided that y'all seem to be a safe bunch of nuts so I figured I might as well say hello and try that whole being sociable thing,  I thought I'd share the first things I painted.  These are from the Learn to Paint Bones Kit I got in January of last year when I first discovered Reaper.  I have to say that I have been really impressed with their customer service!

These are currently tacked onto my monitor at work:

• By Chris Palmer
      This past weekend, I completed the Sascha Dubois figure that I have been posting about in the Work in Progress forum:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/65049-sascha-dubois-chronomancers-apprentice-conversion/

For those who haven't read that thread, my goal was to convert this futurisitc Science Fiction figure into a fantasy magic-user type to serve as my Chronomancer's Apprentice for my Frostgrave games.

While not the greatest paint job, it is one of the best I've done for a figure destined to be a game piece, and not one for display.  

IMG_5581 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr

IMG_5582 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr

I even attempted to paint the hands on her magic  pocket watch.   
      IMG_5590 by cnjpalmer, on Flickr
  • Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 106 Guests (See full list)