Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Picked this beauty up cheap a year ago as a FLGS was liquidating some old stock. Now, I have time and a better understanding of some skills. And my love of metallics is a matter of public record. 

Here's my start on the body: ArmyPainter Rough Iron above, DecoArt Rich Espresso brass on the sides, DecoArt Worn Penny copper below. I'll paint the smokestacks and dorsal engine in steel colors. The legs I'm still working out, but they will probably have much the same metals. I'm trying to avoid golds on this. 

I'm not sure what to do with those innards. Leather bellows? Leaf springs? A red-glowing internal furnace, as on the box art? I dunno, what do you think?

One major thing I want to do is leave Wyrmgear as a drake for now so we can show off those dorsal smokestacks. No wings, just a 40-foot smoke-belching mechanical killing machine. I might mod on an elaborate array of exhaust pipes near the wings, as on a souped-up hot rod engine. 

Why? Partly because have you SEEN some of the other Wyrmgears here, with the chrome wings and the flawless fantasy landscape painting wings and etc? I can't compete with that! And partly because, while I can't compete with magnificent wing art, I can spatchcock aberrant machines together as well as the next fella, and I want to use those wings for a steampunk flying machine, an ungodly hybrid of von Zeppelin and Lilienthal. I've got some ping-pong balls and Christmas ornaments just begging to be made into balloons for this purpose...
    • By FireImp
      I recently experimented with some Art Deco metallics in green. I like how it looks for armor, and bug carapaces, but didn’t really enjoy the paint itself, having used only hobby paints to this point. I suspect it’s more pearlized than metallic. Are there any hobby paints that give a similar effect in a good range of colors? I’d like to try a red metallic dragon next.
    • By Dosani
      Hi, i am a slow painter, so even if i started some time ago, i am just paiting my first full body armor miniature (seelah paladin on bones). I bought several Reaper metallics and some also came with the learn to paint kit i bought too, and ALL of them have issues. First they tend to dry too fast even on wet pallete, also i stirred them with a drink stirrer, but still paiting with them is a pain , specially compared to the P3 metallics, which i bought some time ago as i heard very good things about them. Well my question is this, is it normal that the RP metallics have this bad coverage, and issues like drying too fast and horrible brushtrokes (i try to dilute them, but as always, water is an enemy of metallics , also try to spread small quantities of undiluted paint, also dont work), or its just a very bad batch? 

If so , how can i save them? They work, its just that they work bad IMO. If its not possible for me to save them, do you know if i can ask preplacements from Reaper? I wrote them some weeks ago but nobody answered me. This issue buggers me as i live in Bolivia south america, here Reaper is not available anywhere, i made my part importing them to my country, and they dont work so i am a sad panda :(

Thanks pals
    • By knarthex
      So here are a couple of candelabra from The Altar of Evil w Victim. More Dungeon dressing stuff for our Pathfinder Game...
      Done with primarily Scale 75 metallics, but the base of the stick itself is a metallic blue Reaper sample paint I got some time ago.
      It blended very well with the Scale colors to darken and lighten while staying with metallic colors.
      It is difficult to see, but I tried to copy the colors for the candle flame from the reference post by Cranky Dog.
      I tried to do some fine brown ink lines instead of the usual white/yellow/orange/red... It might not have been the best place for it, but I like it, and its done...
      The Base is a washer with Apoxie sculpt cobbles...
      It was very difficult to photograph, so sorry in advance for the pics...

Thanks for looking!

George

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Just a little speed paint of some bones Bathalians these were about an hour and a half each

Exarch:

Centurion

Primarch:

Of the three I like the centurion the most.

• Who's Online   43 Members, 3 Anonymous, 171 Guests (See full list)