I received my package yesterday and did a quick check today...looks like I have everything.

While I was going through them I couldn’t help but think that they seemed bigger.

Sure enough when I got one of my usual scale figures I noticed everybody was at least a head taller.  Was there a scaling issue like with Kaladrax or are some of them just bigger?

• Like 2

Can you be more specific? I know that I have seen some pics with Bones 4 minis with Sir Forscale and they seem fine, but I certainly haven't seen all of the minis yet.

• Like 1

BD696D00-7D38-42C3-B3DA-14714B753645.jpeg

Different scale than this (an image I pulled from the Bones 4 KS Commentary Thread)?

• Like 3

Is the scale as much of an issue as described? Does someone have pictures with Sir Forscale and the Townsfolk?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Talae said:

I am not seeing the issue.

I agree. Everything I’ve looked at is in scale with previous Bones releases.

Mind you I’ll grant you that Reaper occasionally has released a mini that appears slightly bigger than the norm in the past, but I put that down to that particular sculptor.

However I don’t see that here.

• Like 2

We shouldn't be so afraid of a small difference in heigth or width of a model.

Some examples from real life:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor the mountain and his girlfriendGerelateerde afbeelding

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

We shouldn't be so afraid of a small difference in heigth or width of a model.

Some examples from real life:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor the mountain and his girlfriendGerelateerde afbeelding

Those are good examples, but this is my favourite:

30E20FF7-1DE9-4968-A703-19DEAB831A7C.thumb.jpeg.e163149ff0b595ca27da76ea9d313a6a.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

I have mixed minis from different manufacturers in regiments.

Reaper, Ral Partha, older Grenadier, Freebooter and Citadel/GW together for Chaos and Undead.

I always considered the size differences as normal.

It can be due to age, lifestyle and genes.

I'm a guy of average height, during my kickboxing days I encounterd guys that were almost half my size taller.

Younger guys tended to be thinner than me.

If I found a mini too small, I usually used the elevated base trick.

Put him on a rock or something.

I have a Reaper Ninja mini who looks like a child compared to my Clan War and newer Reaper Samurai and Oni.

He will be put on a piece of scenery to look taller, but in the end I figure people come in all sizes.

It doesn't bother me that much.

Bones Giants from earlier days were shorter then the newer ones, so?

Maybe those are younger Giants?

Have fun!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

On 4/15/2019 at 9:26 AM, hosercanadian said:

Mostly the core set of figures.  When I get home I can show some pics.  The villagers in particular are quite large.

The townsfolk and many others in the core set are direct conversions from the metal versions.

It's possible that unpainted, the rather matte plastic surface make them look larger than the reflective metal ones.

• Like 2

just for the laughs and curiosity factor:

rivercrest-scale-problem.jpg

These minis belong to the same unit, and are from the first and only delivered wave of the defunct Drake: the Dragon Wargame first kickstarter, delievered 2014. (history shows that the second KS that same year was a deliberate scam to pay off the debts incurred by the first. The design studio closed shortly after, laying off all the staff, the creator going dark. Argh!)

This is the kind of stupid that happens when you establish a design and production studio for a new game, hire a bunch of otherwise talented people, but forget to make sure that at least one of them actually has any experience  working with miniatures production.

The first mini was produced long before the second (and third, not pictured), someone signed off on the QC and they cast a few thousand minis before collating to put in unit blisters...I can only imagine the facepalm when they for the first time actually looked at the minis next to each other.

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 2

rivercrest-scale-problem.jpg

<<=== 5’4” 145lbs  —/ versus /— 225lbs 6’5” ===>>

To my eye, they could be. I have been part of plenty of D&D parties that had size & weight class variations of this magnitude among party members. 

• Like 3

The knights would be okay with me, as long as the shields are the same size. Standardized military outfitting would probably have taken care of this.

Glad to see the townspeople are "normal" though. While I agree that height differences happen in the real world it wouldn't have been great if all townspeople were suddenly taller than our barbarian. Being the tallest person around is an important factor to him, so being smaller than the beggars and bar maidens would probably lessen his confidence :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Nunae said:

The knights would be okay with me, as long as the shields are the same size. Standardized military outfitting would probably have taken care of this.

Glad to see the townspeople are "normal" though. While I agree that height differences happen in the real world it wouldn't have been great if all townspeople were suddenly taller than our barbarian. Being the tallest person around is an important factor to him, so being smaller than the beggars and bar maidens would probably lessen his confidence :lol:

I will argue with you on that. Some of the toughest cops I have ever known were smaller guys who were absolutely fearless. I would take them with me into ANY situation.

• Thanks 2