Getting into more Bones 4 goodies. (For once being in Canada is to my advantage when it comes to shipping!) Doing some frankly ridiculous hell hounds from the Fan Favourites expansion. Ridiculous because of the colours I've chosen, to be clear - the sculpts are delightful, if a little more explicitly male than I might have preferred... :lol:

This first one is going to have a pink glow in all the cracks. The goal is to look sort of like lava only weird and magical. Not sure how well it's going to look but we'll find out! :poke:

First step was to paint the poor beastie pink... Really only the cracks needed to be pink but there are so many cracks and I was so tired when I was doing this that I just slopped pink everywhere:

FB_IMG_1554950106176.thumb.jpg.7280b26e73936dcc4e68190e46c2bb84.jpg

Then tonight I started to go back and make the dark plates:

20190410_223246.thumb.jpg.01bccfc884d5630557275e1f922393b0.jpg

Hopefully more tomorrow!

• Like 13

2 hours ago, canuckotter said:

Ridiculous because of the colours I've chosen, to be clear - the sculpts are delightful, if a little more explicitly male than I might have preferred... :lol:

Well Jason Wiebe did sculpt these. :lol:

2 hours ago, canuckotter said:

20190410_223246.thumb.jpg.01bccfc884d5630557275e1f922393b0.jpg

Oddly this view it kinda resembles a frog....:rock:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

The Nasty Puppy is rabid in pink; that has a nice ring to it. It is good to see you posting your work. Keep up the SPLENDID efforts...if you feel like it.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, haldir said:

Oddly this view it kinda resembles a frog....:rock:

I think I found the one angle where that happens. It really is a lovely sculpt. ::): 

11 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Fabulous Hellhounds!

Thank you! ::):

4 hours ago, malefactus said:

The Nasty Puppy is rabid in pink; that has a nice ring to it. It is good to see you posting your work. Keep up the SPLENDID efforts...if you feel like it.

Oh yes! I'm having fun painting these. It definitely helps that I've given myself permission to fail - if they end up looking like garbage, oh well, it's still an interesting experiment. :;): Takes a lot of the pressure off! 

• Like 6

Ask and ye shall receive!

... Yeah, I'm slow, and I have very little time to paint. But at least it's progress. :poke:

20190411_213452.thumb.jpg.63f12617b2b1c5bc523ab45de5cc2dbc.jpg

Going to be reducing the width of the pink cracks, especially on the face... Right now I'm focusing mostly on getting the shapes blocked in, but the colour is starting to hide the sculpt rather than enhance it... Still having fun though. ^_^

• Like 10

@canuckotter I'm happy to see you posting more again WOOF has missed our Otter Agent!

It's an original take on Hellhounds, and to me they do give off a Slaanesh vibe ( always been a fan of Nurgle and Slaanesh) maybe use a subtile dark purple wash?

• Like 3