Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Technicolor Efreet: 44003, Ziba

I think she looks awesome!

A real supernatural being with a mean streak!

Be careful what you wish for! You might just get it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

I think she looks awesome!

A real supernatural being with a mean streak!

Be careful what you wish for! You might just get it!

Thanks! That's exactly what I was going for.  Something from a different category of being.
The sort of Entity that will make you start bleeding from the eyes and fingernails if you stare directly at it for too long.

• Like 2

This is quite something. For some reason it reminds me of old Frazetta stuff. The background really does it justice, this would be a good baddie in D&D. Great job.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Kendal said:

This is quite something. For some reason it reminds me of old Frazetta stuff. The background really does it justice, this would be a good baddie in D&D. Great job.

That's about the highest praise I can imagine! Frazetta was a master, particularly with use of purple, grey, and yellow in skin tones. (Though I'm guessing that the main mnemonic trigger might have been Fantasy Butts in this case.) Thank you!

16 hours ago, Othikent said:

I love the color work and good job on the freehand work as well. Lovely work!

Many thanks! It was a fun thing to do.

Thanks, all! I didn't even plan to paint her this month, but I had too much grey-blue and purple on the palette and things snowballed a bit.
Didn't hurt that my students were doing flame tests of ionic salts that week. :lol:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Bustawolf
      One of my more successful attempts at NMM.
      After some constructive criticism

• By lexomatic
      Thanks to this thread I finally figured out how to assemble this mini. If you are at all hesitant, please look at it, especially the excellent step by step on page 2 (h/t @Mad Jack).
      Things have been scrubbed,  and I have some idea of the color scheme.
      Dusky skin triad and maroon red/cinnamon red for the skin, and hexed lichen/witchcraft purple/warlord purple for the tabard. Not sure about the metal yet.
    • By lexomatic
      I do not understand how this mini is supposed to go together. There is a large hair bulge that is supposed to fit in the hollow of the back. I tried sliding and twisting and cannot get the head to fit on in a dry fit. I cant imagine doing this after painting.  I don't really want to try and paint  and be unable to get into corners. Has anyone posted this anywhere? Things got caught and I see white stress marks on the mini where I had to try and force it off and it makes me super nervous to try anything again.
      This is exactly why I would 100 times out of 100 take a poorly glued at the factory mini. It's effectively wasted money for me, because I can't do anything with it.

• By Cassu
      I got two Efreetis in my recent Reaper order. Out of the two one had far more gap lines than the other, so I opened the one that would take less effort to work on first since it's been awhile since I have properly tinkered with a mini.

First thing's first, gap filling! This model had quite a lot of mold lines too, I dealt with most of them with an xacto knife and a file. The Bones Black material is brittle enough to handle a file if you're careful unlike the white Bones counterpart.

While priming I noticed that part of one of her horns was missing, must have snapped off during shipping or during my work on her. Touched it back up with some more green stuff, just waiting for it to cure before I prime over it.

In the mean time, there is nothing stopping me from popping into Procreate to play around with a colour scheme. I wanted to try something a but different than other painting examples I had seen. Still incorporating the red and gold, just in different ways.
    • By 3vil3lvis
      First picture out of my swanky light box that also doubles as a garbage can, also the first miniature that I used Motolow liquid chrome to highlight the metal.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)