pcktlnt

New Cloud giant for upcoming Reaper mystery project

7 minutes ago, Clearman said:

I don't understand why they don't just announce it.  All they would need to say is, "Yes there will be a Bones 5, but no campaign will go live until after fulfillment has completed."  I think we all understand that concepts and planning for these things take months and would need to be done overlapping an existing project, or we wouldn't see Bone 5 until sometime in 2020.

I wish I could agree with you, but after seeing some of the reactions around the interwebz to the couple month or so delay in Bones 4 fulfilment and the fact that backers from certain countries received their rewards before backers from certain other countries... Well, let’s just say I don’t think everyone does understand how these things take time to work through.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I wish I could agree with you, but after seeing some of the reactions around the interwebz to the couple month or so delay in Bones 4 fulfilment and the fact that backers from certain countries received their rewards before backers from certain other countries... Well, let’s just say I don’t think everyone does understand how these things take time to work through.

Yeah, okay, there is probably some truth to that, but I think I prefer my reality better.  

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Darsc Zacal said:

You're probably right.

I'm just curious if it will be true.

If it will be a lot of Bones Black it will definitely be interesting!

• Like 5

That, and I am fairly sure Ron enjoys teasing us with stuff.

I'm alright with the teasing, more or less; they have to do /something/ with Reaper Live, or they'd spend all of it going back and forth over Bones IV concerns. New shinies are distracting, no? 

I do like the new sculpt. The old one's pose makes more sense now too. >.>

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

But then I don't have much time for "I don't like this so you shouldn't make it".

I'm not going to say they shouldn't make it...

...but I am going to go on record as saying that I really liked the sizes of the Bones 1's giants.   The "growing" of the giants since then is disappointing to me.  But i also realize that I do not represent the entirety, or even a majority of the market. 

It IS a nice sculpt though. 

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

...but I am going to go on record as saying that I really liked the sizes of the Bones 1's giants.   The "growing" of the giants since then is disappointing to me.  But i also realize that I do not represent the entirety, or even a majority of the market. 

I like it, but also I wish for more normal sized monsters.

Dragons, Dinos, Wyverns etc that will fit on a 50mm base.

I do not have enough room as it is already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I like seeing a variety of sizes. I don't want all to be ridiculously big, but a few is good. So are some small-giants ^_^

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

I like seeing a variety of sizes.

That would make me happiest. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

That would make me happiest. 

Me, too.

I don't have much in the way of old RP or Grenadier giants, but if I did I'd be ok with 20-40 year old minis being different than my new ones... The current trend means that giants I bought and painted two years ago will look obsolete next to Bones IV and V, and I'm not thrilled by that.

Still, the new Yephima is gorgeous and I wants it. Although I may rename her Saorise, because she is a "Lovely Bones."

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc said:

@Darsc Zacal - is the part about Bones 5 true? That's the 'secret project'?

In one of the Reaper Live episodes they’ve even, very briefly, discussed when it should launch.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Some probably don't understand, but I think the majority have *lost* the whole concept of Kickstarter (or are new to it), and everyone nowadays seems to have some damn entitlement mentality (you don't people, get over it). This all seems to have happened over the last few years, hmm, wonder what has changed in the last few years to make people think that way:rock:

1 hour ago, Clearman said:

Yeah, okay, there is probably some truth to that, but I think I prefer my reality better.  

Agreed. Though I think they do need better communication, like a designated PR guy.

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

You're probably right.

I'm just curious if it will be true.

If it will be a lot of Bones Black it will definitely be interesting!

Oh all bones black would rock, and it should be mostly small/medium sized to show off the new medium. PLUS the shipment will not be so honking huge (14 40ft containers I believe they said)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Izzy seemed to take the criticism  personally.

That's really sad. I love the original and I love Izzy's art. She should never feel bad about the things she's created! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Will this version of Yephima show up as the May giveaway?  

I may need to save up a bit of money...   

As for the critique that has Izzy down. I assume that has mostly been on the KS comments. 

Most of the backers commenting there aren't real Reaper fans. Some are players, some are ebay resellers... 

And I bet that it's the last group that's been mouthing off the most. 

In other words; they're people whose opinion doesn't matter. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I would love the original scaled larger. Perhaps the larger scale could convey the original intent of her looking down on adventurers.

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 9

On 4/12/2019 at 3:48 PM, Gadgetman! said:

Will this version of Yephima show up as the May giveaway?  

I may need to save up a bit of money...   

As for the critique that has Izzy down. I assume that has mostly been on the KS comments. 

Most of the backers commenting there aren't real Reaper fans. Some are players, some are ebay resellers... 

And I bet that it's the last group that's been mouthing off the most. 

In other words; they're people whose opinion doesn't matter. 

They said that it will be for an upcoming secret project, most likely Bones 5. They've already said that the May freebie will be a Klocken model.

Yes, the comments were from Bones 1 (or2?) KS comments.

• Like 3