Sign in to follow this  
MedusaMiniatures

Medusa's WIP & recent work

Yup, you could be right! The feet look a little small. I need to pay better attention to hands/feet! I'll take another look at them.

@CorsairShe -is- looking to knock that dragon/demon/yeti (....big creature) into the bleachers and beyond. 

I'm going to try another painted version of the fighter with the medusa shield. I want to see how  brighter one turns out. 

• Like 3

Finally, some proof prints! I always get them done in batches to save on the shipping costs. These are primed, the raw resin is clear and it's hard to see the model. 3d prints by Shapeways. 

IMG_1907.JPG.fa4b3986746a1ae9b10ddb698516d151.JPG

IMG_1917.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

• Like 12

I really like these.. 

It might be the fact that I only have one properly working eye at the moment, but the legs on the Cleric and Medusa warrior look short compared to the torso.  The other figures look good, and I'm wondering if it's just something about where the hip point is on the pose of those two miniatures and how it draw the focus.  It doesn't take away from either sculpt, it just looks proportionally off to me.  

Now, it's entirely possible to have short legs and a long torso, I'm 6' and my inseam is only 30".   

• Like 3

Thanks SamuraiJack -  you may well be right!  I will take another look at them.

P.s.  Here is what is currently on the digital workbench, some "standard" props, sorceress in there for scale:

props_wip.jpg

Edited by MedusaMiniatures
  • Like 8

Fantastic!  Keep going; you'll have a whole town eventually.

One note on making them feel more realistic; vary the width of the boards that make up the wooden objects more.  It is especially noticeable in the tops of the barrels.  Also the staves of the barrels are very wide, usually barrels are made from many thin boards.

I love this set.  Well done.

• Like 4

Slowly making some progress, added barkeep, floor tiles, trapdoor, fireplace (cauldron is placeholder) log pile. Cauldron is next, then a door, walls, whatever else springs to mind. Some drunken customers maybe. 

props_wip3.thumb.jpg.7e7685da69e6e2c349dfe0a75e5af306.jpg

• Like 12