Sign in to follow this  
MedusaMiniatures

Medusa's WIP & recent work

Both are fantastic.  I love all the little details; that's a lot of work.

My only critique is that the Emir's club doesn't actually look like he could grab it as there is no hilt area that his hands could wrap around.  consider reworking the area between the top band and 3rd band into an actual hilt made to fit his hands.

She makes me think of the Nadrak women from David Eddings Belgariad.

You've upped your game!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Both are fantastic.  I love all the little details; that's a lot of work.

My only critique is that the Emir's club doesn't actually look like he could grab it as there is no hilt area that his hands could wrap around.  consider reworking the area between the top band and 3rd band into an actual hilt made to fit his hands.

She makes me think of the Nadrak women from David Eddings Belgariad.

You've upped your game!

I was about to post the same thing after seeing the renders. Unless he "monkey-grips" it. :rock:

Fantastic work, looking forward to the KS (if there is one, of course).

• Like 1

Here's the 3rd (and final!) cloud giant, he's a guard. Also the updated club. For this set I also have the stove...a harp... and a chicken with golden eggs. I thought it should be was a goose at first double checking the Jack and the beanstalk stories, it should be a chicken. Just wondering if I should include a cow and a nimble thief!!  I have a cow modelled already for the hill giants. 

197315207_cgs_0002_Layer2.thumb.jpg.6953cb17166c2ecc97db72cb159f5a97.jpg414467203_cgs_0001_Layer3.thumb.jpg.bb3583fb94ecf32977fdb26c5b525af3.jpg1012113563_cgs_0003_Layer1.thumb.jpg.f22b5ad3feb56b5da963291dc61c2777.jpg47549676_cgs_0000_Layer4.thumb.jpg.1a08e25c4f1dfd1414af3561ee0daad5.jpg

• Like 13

Great job on the club, looks great!

Love the guard.  That shield looks really fun to paint.  Scabbard details are great, but it is going the wrong direction to be drawn by the right hand.  The fez is a nice touch.

Are you kickstarting these as STLs again?  I missed your last one.

• Like 3

Thanks! Not sure how I got the scabbard backwards!  I will flip it and the belt around. I'll try to get another kickstarter going in a week or so. I'm trying to keep the pace up. Still to go: Fire giants (proving to be hard to design!) and storm giants. I'm thinking about doing Titans too. 

• Like 3

the Scabbard flip meant the arms had to be reposed which is fine!  That set is all done, probably will kick off a kickstarter on Tuesday. Here's the full set for cloud giants. 

344201272_cg_0003_Layer2.thumb.jpg.48d065608c4f022d7135419404900f8f.jpg1493203577_CG_Guardx_0001_Layer4.thumb.jpg.f7515100fb36ad9781f3b8e574748615.jpg

Next I'm goiing to try and tackle the fire giants. I've been struggling to design them in 2d, so for the first time I'm trying some throw away concept sculpts. These took about 45 minutes  each. I'm going to try doing a few more.   First one is a fire giant Blacksmith. 

speed sculpts.jpg

• Like 3

I hate to ask this, but what is going on with the giantess' legs?

Her right foot is pointing straight, and her left is pointing in about 45 degrees, all while her torso is about -45 degrees.  It looks a bit on the awkward side to my eyes.

• Like 2

Hi Strawhat, please don't hate to ask! I do post my work up here hoping for feedback, and comments along the lines of "hmmmm...that looks a bit weird"  is  -actually-  very helpful.  It was a difficult pose, I was trying for a moment of surprise. ....Maybe I will do a second pose for this set! 

• Like 3