Sign in to follow this  
DocPiske

Mythological Creatures in Bones

I’m really enjoying seeing the great varieties being painted for our Bones Black Efreeti, Beatiful job on all of these figures!

Edited by 72moonglum
  • Like 1

The effreti is particularly gorgeous - her skin glows - love the sphinx too, great sandstone look and her jewlery is very well done.

Your manticore turned out really nice. I may steal your paint scheme. I like the sphinx, too. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By pinkymadigan
      Hey all, been a while.

Quick job from Bones 4. Added a saddle, threw on a Mantic Soul Reaver cavalry rider with a head swap from Puppetswar.

• By Cassu
      I got two Efreetis in my recent Reaper order. Out of the two one had far more gap lines than the other, so I opened the one that would take less effort to work on first since it's been awhile since I have properly tinkered with a mini.

First thing's first, gap filling! This model had quite a lot of mold lines too, I dealt with most of them with an xacto knife and a file. The Bones Black material is brittle enough to handle a file if you're careful unlike the white Bones counterpart.

While priming I noticed that part of one of her horns was missing, must have snapped off during shipping or during my work on her. Touched it back up with some more green stuff, just waiting for it to cure before I prime over it.

In the mean time, there is nothing stopping me from popping into Procreate to play around with a colour scheme. I wanted to try something a but different than other painting examples I had seen. Still incorporating the red and gold, just in different ways.
    • By undel
      A few touched up prepainted minis. I touched up a few of these a year ago, but today I decided to bring out the green stuff and stamp some new bases for them.
      The chimera and darkenbeast are from the D&D blind box minis.

The peryton, falcon, and ruffian are from Pathfinder battles. The falcons were complete repaints, as the original was a brown falcon. I wanted an "eagle" with a celestial and demonic template, as our summoner was using them extensively at the time.

I tried to make sure that the peryton had two different bases, as the paint scheme on them is identical and its nice to have some differentiation on the table so that you can track who has what damage. The falcons and the peryton are all "grasslands" stamp that I just painted differently!

• By GodOfCheese
      It's as if the creature is saying "This is my watering hole!  Go find your own"

I really wasn't sure how to do the wings, which was why there's so much contrast between the wing webs and the wing fingers, but I do like how he came out.
      Feedback appreciated, especially any advice on the wings!

• By Aard_Rinn
      On Mondays, I've been playing in a homebrew 5e campaign at my FLGS. Amongst a mostly-monstrous party (several tabaxi, a kenku, firbolg, and centaur) I decided to play a sphynx - or more accurately, an Aarakocra sorcerer with two levels of rogue using the fire-Draconic Bloodline, reskinned as a catgirl-style sphynx. 

I've been in need of a mini, but it turns out, medium-sized sphinxes are hard to find, and lion-sorceress tabaxi minis to graft wings onto are also hard to find - until today! At paint day today, I grabbed a great couple finds out of a huge case of minis that someone had dropped off for sale, including one that's perfect for this character: the Grenadier Sphinx from their lead box set "Monsters of Mythology".

Now, this is a tiny figure, for a monster. Her crouched position makes her look even smaller - next to a human Reaper mini, though, you can actually see that she's perfectly to scale in terms of an ordinary person. The wings are incredible - easily the best I've seen on a mini of that period (opinions may vary) in terms of looking like realistic wings.

It took about two and a half hours to paint and base her - I GS'd her at the shop around three, got home around eight, grabbed a shower, and just banged her out, since I wanted her ready for Monday and I'm working 10AM-12PM tomorrow...

Painted a basecoat of Intense Brown on the wings, and Golden Blonde for the whole body. Then I did the face - nothing too fancy, though the lips are redder in person; just some Kohl makeup. Added the bars on the wings, then coated the whole thing in Game Color's Umber wash - indiscriminantly on the wings, and just to shade on the body. Touched up the highlights on the body, then highlighted the bars on the wings again, added the hair and shading on the throat (Game Color's Flesh Shade) and based it up with some split glass and Battlefield XP Highland Tufts. 

Gotta say, she was a lot of fun to paint, and I look forward to playing her on Monday! A couple folks in the group love monstrous female minis, so she's going to be a great surprise, and she fits the character perfectly! 10/10 would recommend getting one, if you can!
  • Who's Online   30 Members, 3 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)