Sign in to follow this  
Corporea

bones and spray sealer?

Hey- does anyone use any any spray sealers for bones?  My friend wants to seal her Cthulhu but I've never used a spray one before other than dullcoat.  she has a krylon kamar varnish and a valspar clear satin enamel.  Is there another dedicated spray sealer out there?  thanks guys!! 

Lately I’ve switched from Dullcote to Winsor & Newton Professional "Matt Varnish” with good results. (I order it from Blicks online)

Now, to be clear, this is on fully painted Bones minis...

• Like 2

I use Krylon clear matte varnish and Krylon UV resistant clear matte (bought for home printed decals but use everywhere) with no problems. They both even got rid of the tackiness on poorly primed minis for me. 

• Like 2

I had a bunch of Bones that I sprayed with Krylon UV-Resistant Clear and then followed with a coat of Krylon Matte Finish.  After about three months they turned so tacky that you could stick the Bones to each other.  YMMV of course.

• Like 2

Soft PVC and spray can products seldom mix well. The plasticizers in the vinyl inhibit enamels from hardening. Waterborne acrylic products are generally not affected by the plasticizers. 

• Like 2

Testors dullcote for years on my Bones; I’ve never had an issue. 

• Like 1

I've used both Testors Gloss- and Dull-coat on mine without issue.

• Like 1