Sign in to follow this  
Maledrakh

Maledrakh's 77163 Male Storm Giant

Nice work, I like the vibrant skin tone. Shame about the wonky sword but it just can't be avoided with some bones figures. Good work with the basing as well.

• Like 1

Very nice!

Yeah I have actually sold that Giant because I couldn't get his sword straight after multiple cold/hot water sessions.

I hope he will also get a redo in Bones Black.

EDIT:

And he's going to!

5796F188-648B-4BD0-816A-4000637A8DB2.png

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 6

One reason the female model is a bit smaller is that she is a different species. He is storm giant, the largest of giantkind, and she is a cloud giant. Cloud giants are a bit smaller on average than storm giants. I like the smurfy color scheme. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kormydigar said:

One reason the female model is a bit smaller is that she is a different species. He is storm giant, the largest of giantkind, and she is a cloud giant. Cloud giants are a bit smaller on average than storm giants. I like the smurfy color scheme. 

During the original Kickstarter, these were only shown as pencil concept sketches, and they were labeled as a set of "storm giants". The change to cloud giant for the female happened sometime between the KS and the retail release. Might very well be because of the size difference. They also have different sculptors.

Anyway, because of this they are firmly lodged in my mind as being the same kind of giant whatever they are named as now.:winkthumbs:

• Like 1