Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77061, Kord the Destroyer

That is a pretty spectacular Barbarian, BEAUTIFULLY painted & based. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The Whispering Tyrant from the second Bones kickstarter. This is an officially licensed Pathfinder miniature. So I guess it is some sort of evil adversary in some adventure or other in that game.
      For me, this is Loki. I expect you see why. To make the model even more similar to the trickster god, I cut off the central helment-thing and carved the helmet round. Which took me whole tens of seconds! Bones material is really easy to cut and convert. I will miss this aspect with the Bones Black minis.
      On this mini I have tried out some new colorshift paints from Green Stuff World and a flip paint (which is supposed to get the same effect) from Instar.
      I probably did not do it right, as I don't think it has much of a colorshifting effect (there is a slight effect, though). The instructions say to use a gloss black undercoat and many, many thin layers to get the effect.
      I did not do that. On a brown basecoat I used GSW Mystic Gold colorshift, and Instar Green Gold Flip, with GSW Tropical Green at the tips and edges. and I just glooped it on! Two or three thick coats of each paint is used here. So next time, maybe I should try actually following the instructions...
      Anyhow, this model will make a good leader for my undead legions, or even a C'Tan for the Necrons.

89031 Whispering Tyrant
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm round lipped base

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Ducknuck84
      Finished up my set of 6 Goblin Warriors for a game i will be DM for in April. Really happy with how they came out. Gnoll flesh paint from the Dungeon Dwellers set (really hope i can get this paint separately at some point) worked wonders for the Goblins and I think will be my go to for them from now on so as they have a distinct feel to them rather then having the same color set as say an Orc. Also because everyone knows that Goblins never take care of their weapons I was finally able to use my MiG rust pigments that have been siting around for about a year now and thing they turned out nice. Also getting more comfortable using the Happy Seppuku base stamps with green stuff. If I were to change something I think the only thing i would change next time removing them from the base as they don't take paint as well as other broccoli bases. Also and this is more of a style idea rather then a change, After watching some of the Goblin Slayer anime i'm intrigued by the idea of giving Goblin eyes a horizontal pupil, like a goats eye rather then the normal vertical as it does make them look slightly more unsettling.
      Finally as some flavoring if my players ask about the sword swinging goblins copper armor after the defeat him I will tell them (on a successful investigation check ) that in a surprising feat of Goblin ingenuity you find that this goblins has taken old copper coins from his victims and sewed them to a leather backing to create a set of crude armor if you take the time to remove the coins you find that you get about 70cp to add to your cash while the brass one will just be brass studs they flattened.    
      All in All Happy with my new Mob squad.

• By Patrik Strom
      I have a halfling npc in a DnD5 game I’m running. When I introduced the character I had this figure in mind and he has since become one of the PC’s butler. It’s taken me some time to get around to put some paint to him and …. The face didn’t really work out all that well. He looks a bit psychotic. I’m not sure that the players will trust him once I’ve placed the mini on the table :)

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)