Box of Goodwill round 8 arrival/departure thread

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 8 of the Box of Goodwill.   Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:   http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/t

My box wandered back home today.   This round is now officially DONE!!

Box received  

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      I finally managed to climb back on the painting horse. I painted this vampire to my usual tabletop standard. He'll be the leader for a Mordheim/Frostgrave/random skirmish game warband.

• By Chaoswolf
      'Scorch' Sotniko was hot. This whole damn world was hot, but this stinking jungle somehow seemed to be hotter still. The other mercenaries he was moving through the jungle with looked like they were feeling about the same as he was. Strange Midnight, their scout, didn't seem to be bothered as much as everyone else, but that was because he came from the rad deserts of Zargove-3. This was just a nice stroll in the woods for him. Scorch knew that they'd be at the rendezvous point in another half hour or so, and then he'd get a break. He'd be able to refill his canteens, as well as to remove the heavy Intergalactic Marine Expeditionary Force armor that he'd gotten a few months back off the black market. Between the heavy armor, the protective anti-flash gear, the flamethrower he was carrying, and all the rest of his gear, he had a fairly heavy load. It'd be good to able to shed the weight, even if only for a little while. Some of the other guys gave him grief about his chosen equipment, but they hadn't seen what the bugs they were hunting could do to a man; Scorch had. From what he'd heard, the IMEF armor was supposed to offer a substantial amount of protection from the claws and fangs that most of their current enemy was armed with. Likewise, the flamethrower was good for keeping them at a distance and killing whole swaths of the things at once. Yeah, it might be hot, but the way Scorch figured it, that was better than all the screamin', bleedin' and dyin' he remembered from his first encounter with the bugs.

Nothing fancy, just a fairly quick tabletop paint job to shake the rust off.

• By Venun
      I got this Frost Giant King in the last BoGW Europe. Glitterwolf put it in there I believe ( @Glitterwolf).

I aimed for a fastvpaintjob, then noticed more and more details during the paint.
      Tried my best at a frostbite-ish effect on the sword. In the end I loved him so much he deserved a proper base.
      I went with an icy base, without the often seen crackle effect. There was no tutorial for what I was aiming for, so I winged it.

The rock is a piece of driftwood with wall filler.

I'm quite happy on the outcome. What do you all think?

Bonus content: WiP pictures

• By Venun
      I finished the Boar Demon gotten from @Glitterwolf through the Box of Good Will. Added a skull that perfectly fit in his hand, 1 finger in an eye socket even.

• By Venun
      I got this awesome looking Hydra  from the EU Box of Goodwill. @GlitterwolfGlitterwolf got it years back from another bogw.

I traced it to be part of a kickstarter, where originally it was a fountain! 
      Not having the water parts, and also wanting to paint out alive, it resulted in this!

I tried to create a shadow of his body still under water, although I didn't think of it till after the water texture was added. Still happy on the outcome :) 

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)