• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gargs
      I know a lot of you use airbrushes on your bones, but my question is how well does the liner method work? I figure it would have to be thinned, but does using airbrush thinner get around the hydrophobic tendencies of bones? What ratio do you use?

As always thanks in advance for your help!
    • By Mckenna35
      Finished Judge Anderson and took some quick photos before packing her and Dredd to go off to the client in the morning.  Need to work on my flesh tones and get some better balanced lighting.  Thought she was looking good and then brought her up and saw what she looked like in sunlight and she's really washed out.  Sigh.  She looks good from a few feet away!  The last shot is the first time I really looked at the two of them next to each other - I hadn't realized how much shorter Dredd is!  

• By Mckenna35
      Been working on this guy for a while now and I'm going to call him done now since I have to ship him out.  Old Halcyon vinyl kit of Judge Dredd.  First one of these I've finished.    Primered with Badger Stynylrez paints and all the flesh is Stynylrez.  Green is all Reaper colors.  Gold is Scale 75 shades and I'm not really a fan.  Took about 4-5 coats to get smooth coverage.  I really miss the old Polly S metallics!  Nothing since has come close for coverage and grain.    Base is Stynylrez grey, over sprayed with Polly S Concrete, cracks are all colored pencils.  Gold for the base was Vallejo Metal Color Gold which airbrushed great (I'll have to try brushing it on at some point).  Gold was washed with Liquitex Burnt Umber  artists paints, which was also flicked on the base to create stains.  Grunge and color variations on the base were created with various Secret Weapon pigments.  I needed to push the highlights on the green up a bit, but my lighting here isn't doing me any favors either.  WIP thread can be found here: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85931-halcyon-18-scale-judge-dredd/

• Who's Online   36 Members, 2 Anonymous, 134 Guests (See full list)