Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Relaunch:DreamForge-Games Grav-StuG tank model with STL file terrain

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamforge-games/dreamforge-games-grav-stug-tank-model-with-stl-fil

This is a relaunch of the project that failed to fund a few days ago, they're trying reducing the cost and relying on people picking up more kits overall to make the numbers work (1600 rather than 1200 kits). I hope it works

342f4fe88bc09bf8bd38b631c1ad4589_origina

(3D print to show size)

7f3a99b969e08701048e37c4f0e51a81_origina
e1003e4bfc5c45d22115a82bfe59a84a_origina
4c8bf44c283250a320d4b84f220e4946_origina
e9fb661083b59bf5c6ee87f7be01c592_origina

216e31625f501dc594e6e673a0c2e2c9_origina
  • Like 2

Almost no notice before the relaunch, and only a two week run.

I think it is dead on the launchpad.

I backed for a single model on the first try - but diverted the funds when it was cancelled, I will not be able to back it in the stupidly short two week run.

Dreamforge has some  great models - some of the best that I have seen.

But I think that they just shot themselves in both feet before starting this race.

*EDIT* If I had the money, I would buy two - and crash one of them. Those skid plates just scream for the beast to be gouging a ditch through the top of a hill.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kangaroorex
      In my continuing effort to continue at least 1 dragon a month, here is my next entry, the wizkids gargantuan dragon.  I believe I should name this one PanicusMaximusNecakus because this one presented special and exciting problems because the dragon has apparently decided to do the flamenco feather dance and his wings were a major obstacle when trying to paint the left side of the dragon's body.  I realize the cause was because they were trying to get the dragon in the box but man was that difficult to work with. 
      I wound up spending a lot of time with one hand pinning the dragon and the wing to the table while I painted with the other.  It was not the most convenient method of painting.  He was also very prickly... very, very prickly! 

because its such a big base, I wanted to provide some interest for the game.  I used the old road stamp from Basius to generate some pieces of broken road amongst a clearing in early fall.  I was thinking of adding a smudge of snow but if I did it would conflict with the ruined stone.

Overall though I like how he came out and I really like the results on his tail and his crown of horns. 
      Hope everyone like him.  This is still tabletop quality as I have been trying to produce quantity over quality.

• By Darcstaar
      Brought some painting models for vacation.  Finished the Hell Hound last night, didn’t WIP it.

Had Yephima on my shelf of shame for a long time.  If it ends up 1/100 as good as the studio version I’ll be happy.  Plan on light blue skin and silvery hair, like the Bestiaries suggest.  Other than that, not sure...

Here she is primed with Brown Liner.  That’s gonna take some work to get the skin tones brighter.
    • By Darcstaar
      Gonna start another WIP.
      This figure is bent, her hair is weird, and her features are MICROSCOPIC!

So, I’m gonna kind of rush her.

Trimmed, washed, primed in brown liner.  No attempt to straighten her bend.  The sword forms an S shape.

Face was Terran Khaki, Faded Khaki, Amber Gold, then Splintered Bone mixed in.  Then I did a half-assed lining and shading with a dilute mix of Dragon Black/Ruddy Flesh.  Eyes were then done with Splintered Bone/Dragon White, and a Dragon Black/trace Ruddy Flesh dot.

Had some nearly dry ?Red on the palette I slapped on her lower lip, then glinted it with the lightest mixed skin tone.

The hair seems like it’s supposed to be actively blown by wind.  It was painted Dragon Black, Cloudy Grey, and Cloudy Grey/Dragon White.  I then Re shaded and altered things with black again.  Honestly, her head could be Kitsune or Cosplay Cat ears, or a crown.  But there is hair texture, so I painted it like black hair. 

Planning for blue dragon head since I’m due to paint another 1/5 of my Kobolds, and blue is in line.

Plan on a red/orange cloak for contrast with the dragon.

Earth Brown leggings.  Woodstain Brown boot leather, belt, gauntlets.
    • By Kangaroorex
      my second dragon for the month.  I didn't put a huge amount of work into this one.  one of my goals was to see how well the contrast paints would work to bring out the basic shading and normal tone for the dragon hide rather than having to hand paint all the scaling.  It didn't work too badly.  I did wind up having to do some significant highlighting and I had to do some additional shading work on the underbelly but overall the effect was pretty good for the time spent.  I probably should have done more with the wings but I just didn't have any inspiration for them.  the sections were pretty small and very flat.  I might go back and do something but for now just blue is where this young guy is.

I did find the base to be pretty cool.  Hope you like him

• By Darcstaar
      Last new show off from me for a while.

I finished him a while back.  
      His WIP is here.
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87019-darcstaar-vs-bones-1-ep-4-kieran-tallowmire-wizard/&tab=comments#comment-1844494

I initially wanted to paint orange.  That got me thinking of a sunset color scale.  It came out OK, but the process was harder than I thought it would be.  Also, I’m trying to go through old Bones faster, but this was taking too long!

A shot of his Fireball scroll.
      I went with burnt out candles to avoid needing to worry about OSL.

I tried to pattern the feather as an owl feather.

Hope you like it!
      C&C welcome.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)