Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Slumbering Oblivion III - H.A.D.E.S. Rising Kickstarter

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/reclusivephoenix/slumbering-oblivion-iii-hades-rising

Coming off the heels of two successful Kickstarters, Reclusive Phoenix is happy to announce our third project. This is the second project in our Slumbering Oblivion 32mm scale game line and the aim is to produce the human armies to face off against the forces of Cthulhu. The human army is known as H.A.D.E.S. (Human Alliance in Defense of Earth and Sea) and is under the command of the new human alliance called the Aligned Nations of Earth. 

TL:DR / The Short Story

We are trying to fund the human army miniatures for our upcoming Slumbering Oblivion 32mm scale tabletop war-game. The initial goal is to fund the creation of a 5 model unit manufactured out of resin.  The more funds we raise, the more units and models we will produce and the quicker the game will come to fruition. This is also an EU friendly campaign in the sense that shipping will be fulfilled from US and UK locations which should help cut down on additional taxes and fees for international backers.

Four of the First Five Miniatures Four of the First Five Miniatures

I backed their first KS for cthuloid monsters and it was excellent and delivered without issue, the second for the Giant Cthulhu also appeared to go well so if you like the look of these they're probably a safe bet

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 11:11 AM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

I backed their first KS for cthuloid monsters and it was excellent and delivered without issue, the second for the Giant Cthulhu also appeared to go well so if you like the look of these they're probably a safe bet

My main concern over this, and the project creator mentions it in his video, is that the minis from his previous kickstarters were based on physical sculpts while these are based on digital renders.

A switch like that is pretty major and introduces a lot of challenges the project creator hasn’t faced before. I’ve seen this happen with other kickstarters and even with Reaper.

Still. I like the look of the IRE and HATE troops. They remind me of Bob Naismiths troops from his Overunner kickstarters. I’ll be keeping an eye on this.

Not a fan of the SCORN concept or designs though.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      If any of you have looked at the Hero forge interesting creature builds you may recall me posting some pictures of a squad of commandos called Crusader squad. Let’s just say I succumbed to the temptation to get the stls for my printer.
      Currently I only have four printed off. I’ll do the rest when I get them supported. 

Bombedier

Shadow, I didn’t get his arms supported right so I’ll try to do some repairs to them. If it works I don’t think I’ll print a replacement.

Thunderhead

Max Monova. I really didn’t like his original stance so I redid it and gave him two pistols instead of a pistol and gauntlet blade.

Primer

Added some black green and some blue to Monova’s pauldron.
      Thanks for looking!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/axismundigames/death-goddess-izanami

Death Goddess Izanami is a sculpture based on Izanami-no-Mikoto, the creation goddess and deity of the underworld as chronicled in Shinto mythology.
      The bold designs of Axis Mundi Games and the neoclassical virtuosity of CA Sculpts have merged to bring forth a boutique product designed for the most demanding collectors.
      Death Goddess Izanami is a model that focuses on emotions as no model in the industry has done before. The sad majesty and woeful glory of a tormented goddess, the divine terror and eternal anguish of the departed, mere phantasms of their former conscience... all brought to life by a sculpture devised to match the style and the strength of neoclassical statues as never dared before.
      The aim of this kickstarter is to produce a limited collector's run called the Fukashi Sekai Run 不可視世界. All models forming part of theFukashi Sekai Run will he numbered and signed.
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/signumgames/527267827?ref=3nzxlc&token=1a256880&mc_cid=28db65d226&mc_eid=abdb3f3c83

Story
        Signum Workshop is a division of Signum Games company that specializes in the creation of high-quality fantasy miniatures in STL format for self-printing.
      Signum Games have been creating and casting fantasy resin miniatures for several years, and our miniatures have a lot of admirers from all over the world. 3D printers are nowadays becoming more and more popular, therefore we decided to join the market and make our miniatures more accessible to you.
      The imagination of our artists and modellers have no borders, and sometimes there are just too many new characters (or variations of one character) for us to be able to cast all at once in resin. But we don't want new characters to just gather dust on the hard drive and wait for their time to come. After all, now we finally can share all our new products with you!
        All of our miniatures have 32mm scale, which was not a suitable scale for some board games. All our models in files will be pre-assembled and have an option of individual parts.
        You can learn all about the quality of our models and to print files simply by clicking on the link and download a free model!
          The Signum Workshop project is only at the very beginning of its journey, so we will be happy to see your support, questions, advice, and comments on Patreon! 
      By supporting us on Patreon, every month you will get access to a new set of STL files of our newest miniatures.
        Dear friends,
      this set introduces 4 factions that will appear on our Patreon in the future.
      You will meet Plague fighters from the far East, proud warriors from the hot South, harsh warriors from the cold North, and adventurers from the mountains of the West.

• By aku-chan
      A new Kickstarter from Durgin Paint Forge coming late September / early October.
      Wasn't a backer of the previous ones, but I don't think there's been any issues.

They've been working away at this one for a while, so most of the minis have already been previewed on their blog.

Now live:- https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/durginpaintforge/the-elves-of-inneath-32mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=user_menu
    • By animesensei
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dungeonlair/dungeon-accessories-torture-imprisonment-and-sacrifice/description

I backed a previous KS these people did and even though it had some struggles due to manufacturers giving them problems, they still delivered and had a good quality product. It's resin and comes either painted or unpainted.

Some of the stuff here is generic, but it's worth a look.

• Who's Online   18 Members, 4 Anonymous, 51 Guests (See full list)