Sign in to follow this  
boldfont

A “remorhaz” by WizKids, Nolzur’s line

Just now, Doug Sundseth said:

You might like the Reaper Frost Wyrm, available in both Bones and metal. :poke:

Doug beat me to it, so instead of the store, I'll link to the one I painted... It's far from the only example on the forums, but I like it (go figure).

Reaper's doesn't have the weird flat face or the really long antennae-horns, but it does have terrifying death-scythe forearms, and it retains the neck frills, so I dig it.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, boldfont said:

I went canon with this. No airbrush. It’s a great sculpt.

I have had much better luck with the Nalzur's larger models than their smaller ones, Their Silver Dragon is also very , very good, a perfect casting for 5 bucks.

this one looks good and your paint job does it justice.  Did you have to do any repairs, large gaps, re-sculpting,  or was it good to go?

• Like 2

On 4/22/2019 at 1:24 PM, Fencig said:

I have had much better luck with the Nalzur's larger models than their smaller ones, Their Silver Dragon is also very , very good, a perfect casting for 5 bucks.

this one looks good and your paint job does it justice.  Did you have to do any repairs, large gaps, re-sculpting,  or was it good to go?

It was good to go. Just some flashing. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Just a simple pair of horrible spacebeasts frolicking in their native hellworld! 

I'll have to gloss up the molten bits of the base at some point. Any tips on lava bases I should be aware of?

In retrospect, I think the glowing mouths were inspired by the "gorilla-wolf motherbroccolers" from Attack the Block.

I do not know if the designers intended this, but the pair of them are in a perfect pose for Magma Wrasslin.'

• By Rigel
      It seems that scale creep is a very real thing! This is Nolzur's delightfully brutish and verdant Shambling Mound. For a Large creature it is very large indeed, easily the size of a tabletop-scale elephant or bigger, and extending way off a 2x2 base with its outstretched limb.

I put some straight-pin mushrooms on it, as I do. 

Here's a group shot with Reaper's beautiful Swamp Shambler and a WotC grab-bag Dryad and Needle Blight, for scale comparison. 
    • By Rigel
      Been working on this guy for a while; finished him (for a given value of "finished") a couple weeks ago but didn't take pics until recently. The sculpted beard wasn't doing it for me, so I added some reindeer moss. Glued on some tiny leaves that look like miniaturized burr oak leaves. His huckable boulder I'm using for other terrain. 

This is a big fella!

C&C welcome as always.
    • By Geoff Davis
      Here are a couple of WIP photos from my T-rex conversion to the "King of Feathers". 

I was working from this painting, from the "Tombs of Annihilation" campaign book.

I trimmed away a lot of the ornamentation on his back and put on a base of green stuff.  Once that dried, giving me a smooth surface to work from, I started adding small strips of green stuff to jam the 'feathers' into.  The feathers are made from Dollar Store plants.  I used wire cutters to clip the ends off of about 500 individual plastic leaves.  Then I washed the leaves, so they would have a better chance of sticking to the green stuff and the glue.  They still fall out sometimes, even though they are glued into the greenstuff with superglue.  I would add a chunk of greenstuff and smooth it out.  Then I jammed in the 'feathers'.  Once I had a line of feathers in place, I put another line of greenstuff on top of them to hold them in place, and to be the base for the next layer of feathers.  Once I had all the pieces ready to go, it went surprisingly quickly.  The actual process of applying the feathers only took about two hours. 

I used my airbrush to apply primer in a zenithal pattern.  Because of the complexity of the feathers, it was much easier to use the airbrush to prime it rather than brush it on. 

Final paint finish turned out pretty well.

Here is the same figure painted as a more traditional t-rex.

This project was a lot of fun.  I spent a lot of time giggling over how the players in my D&D game were going to react when I put this on the table. 

• By Geoff Davis
      I've been running the D&D campaign "Tomb of Annihilation".  It contains a truly monstrous beast called the "King of Feathers".  So of course I had to make one.  The T-rex from Wizkids is a really nice figure.  I'm not normally a fan of that line, but the T-rex is awesome,  This one is heavily modified.  I will post some step by step photos in the WIP.

An older t-rex, painted a few months ago.

• Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 135 Guests (See full list)