• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeepnewbie
      Well after doing some adjustments to both my air compressors I decided that I need to use my airbrushes more and start knocking out some of the bigger minis I have.

Gotta justify buying more minis, maybe airbrush’s, and/or airbrushing stuff. 

I have a little more to do but aiming to do quick paint for table top, and work on skill building. 

• By Dan S
      This is the 'Great Worm' by Reaper (SKU: 77006) and one of my favourite minis (I love the movie Tremors).   The drool and stringy saliva in the maw were a bit of an experiment, they turned out ok, but I feel I need a little more practice to get it right, thanks to everyone who gave suggestions and advice on drool effects in my 'Slobber, snot and drool' thread a few days ago. 

Overall I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. 

• By Tolex Cat
      So this sat on my shelf of shame after starting and hating the earth tones I was trying to go for. I covered it in a sepia wash out of frustration and put it on the shelf to finish later that week. Since then, it's just stared at me for way too long. (I started it almost right after receiving it in Bones 3.) So I just decided to finish it, even if I wasn't in love with the colors. Now I actually really love it. I didnt have a Sir Forescale so here is Andowyn Thrushmoor for size. 

Colors used Ruddy Brown, Golden Brown, Woodland Brown, Stained Ivory, Creamy Ivory, Carnage Red, Clotted Red, Bloodstain Red, Monster Maw, Sepia Wash and Walnut Brown (new favorite color) 

• By Rigel
      A breezy, cool night in the high desert. Heat lightning crackles on the horizon. Gusts of wind bring the faintest scent of far-off rains.
      The full moon illuminates a strange crater in the parched earth. Was that there yesterday?

All at once, a rumble. The earth quivers and vibrates. Grains of sand begin to dance about near the lip of the hole; then, pebbles. 

A frenzied writhing that sets the land in tumult! A great roar, the sound of it almost a solid thing, impossibly basso. Again, and again. There is a faint reply on the desert wind: an echo? or another of the unfathomably great burrowers beneath? It's hard for you to tell, but eventually the titanic bulk subsides and the desert is quiet once more, save for a faint shifting of sand and a ripple on the dunes heading for the horizon.

This was an old project I never posted; painted back when washes were almost all the paints I had. A great sculpt, dynamic and expressive. The purples are alternating layers of midnight blue and a sort of pinkish red. I should go back and add some razzamatazz to that belly, now I'm seeing the big photographs. 

While a lot of people think purple worms are D&D cribbing Frank Herbert's sandworms as it did Margaret St. Clair and John Wyndham's fungal underdarks and dark elves--and they ARE pretty rad--I'm convinced that the genesis of both was far earlier, in a 1929 David Henry Keller short from "Amazing Stories." It's called, appropriately enough, "The Worm," and is worth the few minutes of your time to track down and read.
      Come to think of it, this story might have also partly inspired Ray Bradbury's "The Fog Horn," though the tone of that story is much more wistful and melancholy and less increasing dread. And without THAT, and another tonal shift, monster movies and kaiju movies might have been very different indeed.  
    • By ksbsnowowl
      I painted Goremaw the Great Worm up as a fire-infused purple worm for a unique creature from the Pathfinder setting of Galorion.  I am running the Curse of the Crimson Throne AP in D&D 3.5, and this creature will show up in my game tonight.  It is my first finished creature miniature (I have done some terrain previously), and being a perfectionist, I put in 48 hours of work on him (lots of nooks and crannies, and I don't have an airbrush).

I finished him last night, reaching the "good enough" state, as time didn't allow me to put off varnishing him any further.

I started posting a WIP thread when I started working on him several months ago.  Check it out HERE.

Here are my Cindermaw glamor shots.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)