03601: Ronnie and Reggie, Zombies

Rigel

Just a pair of rotty zombos I painted up in late 2014 or early 2015. I like them because of the period inspecificity: they work equally well as peasant fantasy zombies or pulp-era modern zombies.

The crouching one (Reggie?) looks particularly famished for braaaaaaaaaaiiiiiins. 

DSCN5330.JPG

DSCN5331.JPG

DSCN5332.JPG

Edited by Rigel
Misplaced photos
  • Like 18

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/22/2019 at 2:57 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Very cool Undead!

9 hours ago, Iridil said:

Rotten!

1 hour ago, Warlady said:

Your zombies totally creep me out!

Thank you all! That's the intent...they're almost entirely painted in various old washes, some of which indicate a slick rottenness and some of which impart more of a bog-mummy tone.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Inarah
      One of Bob Ridolfi's sweet little undead monsters from earlier this summer.  I tried some grey skin tones to give her a "definitely not human" look, with the contrasting pale yellow funeral dress.  It's all right, and there's nothing you need to be concerned about here....

• By planetmut
      Another Ebay find! The base is foamboard, sand, and Vallejo Mud & Grass paint with some Citadel Stirland Battlemire. The model was a ton of fun to paint.

• By Rigel
      The scrubby Western desert. Early morning. The weather is clear, and Meyer Herrick, impresario and director has a FULL schedule.

Jimmy Ishikawa, cameraman and technician, makes sure the machinery is all running smoothly. 

Grips and stagehands haul on setpieces for the first shoot of the day--a period epic of Egyptian palace intrigue. 

Clapper and general assistant Eddie Green makes sure breakout star Clara Haroutian is prepared and familiar with her blocking.

And here's the Old Man himself, shouting as usual!
      '

ROLL CAMERA! 

CUT! After several takes, Meyer is at least temporarily satisfied, and ready to shoot the next scene the studio needs, a bit of Greek tragedy. Once a darling of the limelight and the boards, Gordon Audifax is now a drunken has-been, taking a last shot at fame with the detested motion-pictures that stole his livelihood. Still a pro though!

And with that segment finally wrapped and in the can (after much hollering and greasepaint touch-ups) the great director moves on from Illuminating Art to the stuff that keeps the lights on at the studio: stock Westerns. 

Rio Wilson and Miguel Alvarez trade squibs and quips that will later be written on title cards. 

CUT! You dash-blanking dod-durned dunderheads! Props knew we needed a castle wall backdrop for the swashbuckling scene, where the blue blinking blanked blazes is it?!
      Someone's gonna get fired so hard they won't never work in this town again!

Ah well, we make do. The show must go on! Change the schedule, we'll take five and shoot the soliloquy today instead of tomorrow. Close-up shot, Jimmy!

Aaand cut! That's going to be lunch. Check back in with Makeup after and we'll get through the rest of the dance number and the saloon scene!

More pix if you need:

This is an excellent pulp-era set; the old-timey camera is very detailed, and the spotlights can really swivel up and down. The director I wanted to look like a coarse, vulgar man with an unerring instinct for what audiences want to see, and I think the godawful check suit gets that across. Eddie and Jimmy have a lot of character in their postures and poses. Their presence immediately recontextualizes whatever scene is on display.

CREDITS:
      Rio and Miguel and one of the stagehands are from Murch's Pulp Figures; the other stagehand is Artizan's Mr. Price. They and Clara (Egyptian Priestess, 03506, without baboon as Herrik refuses to work with monkeys) have been featured before, some of the first figures I posted here in fact. 
      Gordon (Socrates, 50135) was painted so long ago I forget if I posted him separately or not. 
      Edward Dumond (02775) and Hasslefree's Maika vom Ostwald are more recent and may well show up again! 

--fin!--

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, and a lot more. And has some Undead in Jungle and or Pirate style in it.
      My Shifting Sands project is all about Undead, Arabian and Egyptian style Undead.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give the project an oldschool vibe/.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.  ( Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon) and the Egyptian ones are in Shifting Sands Project)

EDIT: Since the 3D printing bug bit me, the bulk will probably become 3d printed now.

EDIT - Asked to merge my Undead Threads into one.
      Now CHILDREN of the NIGHT.

This is for all the Ghotic Undead and their friends like Werewolves/Witches/Demons etc etc..

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here comes another set of Mousling. This on is 01512, Mousling Zombie. It was part of Reaper Artist Con 2010 Special Edition Figures sculpted by Gene Van Horne.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)