Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

03601: Ronnie and Reggie, Zombies

Just a pair of rotty zombos I painted up in late 2014 or early 2015. I like them because of the period inspecificity: they work equally well as peasant fantasy zombies or pulp-era modern zombies.

The crouching one (Reggie?) looks particularly famished for braaaaaaaaaaiiiiiins. 

DSCN5330.JPG

DSCN5331.JPG

DSCN5332.JPG

Edited by Rigel
Misplaced photos
  • Like 18

On 4/22/2019 at 2:57 AM, Glitterwolf said:

Very cool Undead!

9 hours ago, Iridil said:

Rotten!

1 hour ago, Warlady said:

Your zombies totally creep me out!

Thank you all! That's the intent...they're almost entirely painted in various old washes, some of which indicate a slick rottenness and some of which impart more of a bog-mummy tone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      I've coveted this sculpt for years but couldn't justify it until very recently. BUT! Just before this past Free RPG Day, indie game designer Emmy Allen released a game called Deep Morphean Transmissions. The PCs are told they are espionage and counterintel agents infiltrating various levels of the collective unconsious. Not all of their given information is reliable. It is fun mystery solving times. Think Delta Green crossed with Dreamlands Call of Cthulhu with a dash of Paranoia, but much more rules-light.

Anyway, one faction in said game is the Squid-Men from Ib.
      From the (public-domain) text:

"Picture an octopus or cuttlefish, its bag-like body protruding from the collar of a smart evening suit, eyes and beak lopsided as they peer at you, tentacles extending within the clothing to simulate limbs and hands. Its limbs bend wrong, its movements are too fluid, it squirms and flows as it moves. From the inside-pocket of its jacket, with alien deftness, it withdraws a black steel revolver.

...You’d be surprised how often the locals will ignore the fact that the person they’re talking to is a seven-foot-tall octopus."

It was too perfect. For the color scheme, I went with the one used on my Edofleini ( https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86756-spacefuture-bombshells-edofleini-brain-squids-from-space/ ) and the most forgettable grey G-man suit possible. The midcentury fedora is an eyelet judiciously mutilated with pliers.

Guest appearance by Rattrap's Bridget O'Rourke, whom we have seen before. https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82674-the-arkham-advertiser-editor-and-photography-division/ 

Patrick Keith really knocked this one out of the park with its pulpy polypous menace. I need to get another to paint in a lab coat and brown suit. And I need to play some more Deep Morphean Transmissions. We ALL should. That is me, Rigel, recommending it of my own free will. Not an octopoid doppelganger trying to spread a memetic paradigm rendering the mammalian brain less hack-resistant. In fact, I'm under no outside influence at all, mental or otherwise, because Squid Men are definitely fictional and always have been, and ontological weapons are banned also purely fictitious. As well you know, citizen. 
    • By Rigel
      Last couple of weeks have kept me busy, but I'm back! (Briefly.)
      60191 is a gorgeous, gracile sculpt by Derek Schubert. A Pathfinder mini, but much more "clean" and less "busy" than many others. Crisp and elegant detail. 
      I love making coral colors from oranges and whites, so her kimono is an orange-to-white-peach gradient. A passerby suggested the contrasting green of the bow and hair wrap (ArmyPainter Kraken Skin). 

The cherry blossom motifs on the kimono are Rhinox Hide and matte white; on the fans, they are Rich Espresso metallic dark bronze and Runefang Steel silver.

This isn't my best work, but it easily cracks the top ten IMO. Took two sessions so far. I'll probably fiddle more with the details of shading and tassels/beads later, but I'm eager to post something. 

More pics with very slight variations below. Sorry for the poor lighting; sun went down while I was making the Shinto arch. 

• By Glitterwolf
      One of my favorite Fantasy races are the Undead, followed by Chaos and Reptilians.
      I already have my Lost World Project which tells a tale of Conquistadores, Reptilians, Dinosaurs, Undead and a lot more.
      However those Undead are the Egyptian Style and Pirate/Jungle style.

This thread will be filled with my beloved Gothic Undead, Demons, Monsters and all things that go bump in the night.
      In my Lost World Project I tell an ongoing story, here I will post about all other dark things without coherency.
      There might be snippets of loose stories to accompany a mini or not...

I hope you guys and gals and creatures will like it.

Let's kick off with the critters I painted a while ago to get a feel of what is coming.

Enjoy! ( or not)

Bats and a Murder of Crows

EDIT: I will include some Bones and minis. The bulk will be metal and I want to give this an oldschool vibe.
      Preferred minis will be, Reaper, Grenadier, Ral Partha, Rafm, Metal Magic, Otherworld and Early Citadel.
      The Asian Undead will be from Zenith since I backed the Kensei Undead Samurai KS and will get their own thread.

Changed the name of the Project.

Eldessa Necromancer

Ral Partha Female Vampire

Lurien and Aysa

Bat Demon

• By planetmut
      Luke and Elise thought they could escape the zombie apocalypse by heading to the countryside. Oh dear.

These minis don't have names, so I christened one as Luke because his open white shirt and blond hair remind me of Luke Skywalker on some of the original Star Wars posters and Elise got her name because the Cure's "Letter to Elise" was playing as I was finishing her paint job.

My girlfriend took one look at these and said, "If you put them opposite each other it looks like they're in a dance-off".

And she's right.

• By Beagle
      Zombies in various historical uniforms (No British uniforms of course, we're always the goodies)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/687110463/dead-through-time-28mm-undead-zombie-historical-mi?ref=discovery&term=zombie historical
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 2 Anonymous, 113 Guests (See full list)