Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

SUPERHEROES! 50080, Zenith, and 50107, Afterburn (pic-heavy)

Thanks all! I'm glad they came out okay. They'll get some better shots with Crosswire soon. 
The Cap conversion was fun and easy. I really should put some shield straps on there, but that is less easy and can wait. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Chronoscope has some splendid figures under the "Superhero"/"Supervillain" tags. How could I resist? 
      50080, Zenith, is magnificently dynamic and determined. The posture would make an amazing speedster hero, but the ludicrously well-defined muscles and enormous pecs (as well as the name) hinted at something else. Not original of me, but I love the guy. I have been advised to use more washes and shading, and so it has been done!

Should I try to paint little scale-armor scales on the torso? I need to find a large round-headed thumbtack for shield purposes...

50107 is pretty obvious. A delightful sculpt! Used GW Screaming Bell, Gehenna Gold; ArtDeco Rich Espresso, AP Rough Iron. I'll put some glowing eyes on there soon and Nuln Oil the armor up. Maybe I should throw some copper or silver in there?

80058, the Wild West Wizard of Oz Lion, does not look remarkably leonine. It DOES look like our favorite Dark Horse hero with the serial numbers filed off though:

And then there's the unspeakably jacked Crosswire, 50018. This one doesn't map directly onto any one villain, but a combination of the Wrecking Crew and Bane is gonna be fun to paint. (And he'll also make a great techno-luchador!) Should I make his weird superpower drug pods (and bulging veins) Alien Goo green, or Orc Blood purple? I think I'll also put black diagonal CAUTION stripes on the yellow parts of his armor. 

• By Ghool
      This thing is massive.
      That's a 60mm base that I had to trick out to get it to even fit.
      It's solid pewter and weighs about 1lb.
      It was probably the worst cast model I have ever encountered.
      Every undercut was filled with metal and had to be scooped out.
      It took forever to paint. For-ever.
      I'm glad it's over.

• By Flaming Tiki
      Here we have a blind bag Marvel 500 figure, series 8 Red Guardian. Why? Mostly just because. Impulse purchase, never seen them before, curiosity driven I suppose. Sure, but why paint it? As it turns out this fig has been a great exercise (thus far) in blending that I am in most need of. Also I have been enjoying the process of basing. Something that I am finding every bit as enjoyable as the figure painting.
        At this point I based and initial shaded/highlighted the blue with an airbrush. I used some liquid masking, won't do that again. Tough to remove. Luckily the blue paint withstood the shower and gentle toothbrush scrub that I had to resort to. The lower face area has gotten a little attention. The blues have been getting highlight brush blends. The red and white are still in the basecoat stages. More to come.

• By hosercanadian
      To go with my superhero project, I decided I was going to sculpt my own Captain America.  My blog has my rambling reasons, but basically I wanted an up-armoured more modern version.  Yes there is a nice model by Knight Miniatures, but it is more in line with the classic comic version.

Anyhow, to save some effort on sculpting muscles, I started from a non-heroic dolly.  I have pics of how I reshaped mine and also Deano (a Hasslefree Miniature, 28mm figure) for scale.  I have put these in since I had no comparison of the dollies to go by, I am sure somebody would enjoy this.

From the bare metal stage, I do have to fix some gouges I made when my padding slipped and I still need to file down a lot of metal from the soles of the feet.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 3 Anonymous, 58 Guests (See full list)