Well, awhile ago I started making some terrain for my Frostgrave Dark Alchemy solo mini campaign.  Longish story....Then squirrels happened.  I then decided not to wait to finish my terrain, and just go with what I had made and not painted.  I'll nether confirm nor deny that I also used Lincoln Logs to make wall to fill out that first board (and there are no picture left to prove it). That round went well.  I then managed to finish up building the hirst arts wizard tower in a ruined form.  Next round went way worse... TPK.  You take 4 character and your wizard or apprentice.  They all got taken out by a series of bad dice rolls.  The bad dice roll continued and I failed all my survival rolls for the characters in that mission.  Well I decided I really wanted to finish this piece so here is a thread showing the before painting it.

Here is some shots of built with my now deceased WIzard, who is roughly the same size as Sir Forscale.

Ruind_Tower_01a.jpg.b3e11464218414f2f9c7f71eec81139e.jpg

Ruind_Tower_01b.jpg.c7ed0feaa54c4d6780642cb851603467.jpg

Ruind_Tower_01c.jpg.2b32a2704baad9bc040efca4daf1a6d6.jpg

• Like 17

Ok, well I finally got around to start painting this today.  Which means basically, I got a base coat down.  You'll also notice that the tower breaks down into 3 parts.

Ruind_Tower_02a.jpg.e3943dd7e24359625889c3f5fe4d15e6.jpg

• Like 9

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BLZeebub
      Here's the finished product.  WIP here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/88136-blzeebub-builds-another-bird-boxbegin/&tab=comments#comment-1870132  I made this as a wedding gift for some friends.  I think they'll dig it and maybe you will too.

More moss!  I added a stained bottom for easy attachment to a post.  I also decided to enrich the wood of the door and slapped some wood stain on it for depth of color.  The metal I roughed up a bit with sandpaper and sprayed with a solution of salt, hydrogen peroxide, and vinegar to speed oxidation.  Though the ridge cap is galvanized steel and the chimney is aluminum, so who knows what that oxidation will actually look like!  Questions, comments, critiques always welcome!

• By Lidless Eye
      Kislev lives on in our hearts forever. 

I've continued my theme of building the Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Crew with a Steppes feel.  The majority of these are built using bodies and arms from the Crew kit, with some Empire/Mordheim heads and other outsourced bits.

The last batch wound up being more generic Pirate types.

• By BLZeebub
      So...gonna make this a WIP though it's technically done as of yesterday.  At the risk of becoming the "birdhouse guy" I opted to skip the registry of household (comm)oddities and make a bluebird nesting box for my friends' wedding.  I think they'll appreciate it.

I wanted a kind of whimsical, cottage style--the crazy roof being the focus.  After much perusing of images of "fairy house," "magic cottage," and the like I settled on a basic design.   I used a jigsaw to cut out the front and back walls from 1/2" plywood.  Side walls are similarly non-square.  Wood glue and finishing nails later and I had a frame.

While that dried I soaked some 5mm (1/4") plywood in hot water long enough to soften it and bent it slowly onto the frame, clamped it for a day, and glued and nailed.  Repeated for the other side.  The two sides of ply were differently happy to take a curve so I acquiesced to the wood.  Some peeling of the outer ply occurred, but later I scraped that off.

For the rocks, I took some "river pebbles" from the local big box hardware store, rinsed off the dust and began applying with heavy duty landscaping adhesive (might have actually been Liquid Nails brand--I've used it before for the same effect).  Let these cure and catch up with other life for a few days then on to the other sides!

• By lexomatic
      I know about the craft article on filling a bucket with sand and spraying foam in the space carved out.  I don't have a ton of time so didn't do that. I DID take a few sheets of parchment paper, a few sections of plastic fruit containers lined with parchment paper, and sprayed a can's worth of expanding insulation foam to make some hills.
      Because of needing to get by with a stroller, foam was packed up after an hour to continue curing.

In a few days I'll seal with brown craft paint and modgepodge, then experiment with flocking.

• By BLZeebub
      This is something I started working on a looong time ago.  I finally made the push to get it done and get it out--probably donating it to one of the FLGSs.  WIP  here:  https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/87566-ruined-building-terrain-pic-heavy-ish/
      I wasn't trying to get too, too fancy with this.  Rather I began with the intent to see how quickly I could make a good enough piece of terrain.  Had I not taken a year-long hiatus from it I may have succeeded, as I think that barring drying times I have around.
      You can see a Bones skele or to lurking around for scale.  I was having a challenging time with my camera and the lighting (room is kind of in disarray at the moment), so I have a few different exposures here.
      Had a lot of fun with the fiddly bits like the graffiti, wire conduit, and dead plants.
      In the fist and second pics you can even see one of my new backgrounds in the...background--too bad I made it for a standard mini, not a large building.
      Questions, comments, critiques welcome!

• Who's Online   32 Members, 1 Anonymous, 284 Guests (See full list)