Sign in to follow this  
ced1106

Bloodborne : 24 hour EB

I'm interested because of its card-based game system, which includes upgrading your character, and custom weapons.

Scroll down to the Rulebook section, for the overviews of the game!

So far, including the unlocks, the game has 50+ miniatures.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/bloodborne-the-board-game?ref=user_menu

56685832_10156301092947877_7641641529991

• Like 2

Huh, I was hoping they'd have more stuff from the main story and expansion rather than the Chalice Dungeon heavy focus they have so far.  But it is still quite early.

14 hours ago, HornedTurtle said:

I never played the video game, what is it like?

Its a fast paced souls-like (made by the same people) set in an ultra-gothic victorian city, starting with a lycanthrope theme and blending into lovecraftian nightmare as the story progresses.  

• Like 2

I've backed for the EB, but not sure I'll keep it.  The card-based system is interesting though.  Will see where this goes.

• Like 2

Base pledge has about 85 miniatures, most of them large sized for your nightmare fuel needs.

b39f025670227ed8f135743f23b86677_origina

Also, first expansion announced. Kinda pricey compared to the base pledge.

d4cfcbb835d108dc3887eeeb21e5321b_origina

Didn't know Bloodborne had mosh pits. 

bab637850e0c524742f3c90b6e916a71_origina

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Typically IF expansions make it to retail they'll be cheaper than KS with CMON project

but it's a gamble as if not enough people bit during the KS they may decide not to go to retail with it at all  (especially if you're outside the US where even if they do go to retail you may not be able to get hold of them)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Typically IF expansions make it to retail they'll be cheaper than KS with CMON project

but it's a gamble as if not enough people bit during the KS they may decide not to go to retail with it at all  (especially if you're outside the US where even if they do go to retail you may not be able to get hold of them)

That one is marked KS exclusive, so not much of a chance it will be cheap at retail.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, HornedTurtle said:

I never played the video game, what is it like?

You play a "hunter" in a world that's dark gothic horror mixed with lovecraft.. Blood can be used to make powerful healing medicines.. and many people have become afflicted with blood diseases that transform them into Beasts, which are the creatures you're hunting..

There's a lot of exploration and retreading areas, trying to find the best way to survive your way through them.. In souls games, if you kill a friendly NPC, they tend to stay dead.. same with bosses.. Normal monsters revive themselves every time you stop at a resting point (usually marked by lamps) and recover your health.. You there's a leveling system and you gain experience points for killing monsters.. The combat can be difficult at times, you can use bells to summon other players to help you fight though..  (I think this comes at a risk of allowing hostile players entering your world to fight you.. it's been a while so I might be mistaken on that..)

Edited by Dwapook
  • Like 3

Interesting that this property from From Software is not being done by the Dark Souls peeps... maybe it was cause the DS boardgame is STILL trying to finish up. :) CMON is a better move. :D

• Like 2

I don't mind if it takes me three years to complete a video game. I mind if it takes three years to *get* a boardgame! :lol:

Bloodborne is a Japanese take on Gothic horror (and, as Dwapook said, Lovecraft), so it's not surprising that the monsters and therefore the miniatures are... different. ^_^

Like... the game has "messengers" who are small diminutive little guys who deliver stuff. Maybe in another videogame, they'd look like familiars, or faceless constructs. But in Bloodborne?

Spoiler

lamp+full.jpgskeletons_bloodborne_messengers.jpg

Well, at least you can hide their faces.

Spoiler

medium.jpg

And, hey, who doesn't want to look pretty every once in awhile.

Spoiler

medium.jpg

I picked up the Bones Dreadmere expansion, so these BB miniatures would fit into the more nightmarish parts of that region.

Also, BB has a card-driven combat system that's a change from the usual dice mechanics in dungeoncrawlers and miniatures games. 

Edited by ced1106
  • Like 1

It's because of the KS exclusive expansions that I dropped.  In my opinion those expansions are not good value.  At $25 each I would think they are reasonable, but certainly not at $40.  And I actually feel fine with that decision.  Very sorry that I missed Carnival Zombie though.

• Like 3