Cthulhu Wars: the Daemon Sultan - The Final Onslaught

Talae

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got some CW minis when he put out the Mythos book for Pathfinder a few years back. I've painted the entire collection, but I'm not sure where I'm going to find a use for all of them. I like these miniatures, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of the figures, and I've never played CW itself, so that's less useful to me. I did back his one day Mythos cats KS, though...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

I like these miniatures, but I don't know how much use I'd get out of the figures,

You can use 'em for the Call of Cthulhu RPG, Strange Aeons skirmish game, and Pathfinder RPG.

Although what you just said probably applies to most miniatures Reaperites are buying... :lol:

• Like 1

This and the other Petersen Games Kickstarters (like Hyperspace and Planet Apocalypse) are definitely causing some alarm with the recent news of laying off the entire company other than Sandy and Arthur Petersen with a new timeline focus on only working on fulfillment of one campaign at a time. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Talae said:

This and the other Petersen Games Kickstarters (like Hyperspace and Planet Apocalypse) are definitely causing some alarm with the recent news of laying off the entire company other than Sandy and Arthur Petersen with a new timeline focus on only working on fulfillment of one campaign at a time. 

Yeah, I just watched the video from the KS update. Fortunately I am only waiting on Planet Apocalypse 2 and am not close to getting trough all the  scenarios from the first one. 

I suspect this (from someone that seems pretty savvy with production risks and management) and the fiasco of several others (I am looking at you Blacklist) that the future of mega sized miniature Kickstarters will look significantly than the past few years.  I would be pretty leery of any current physical Kickstarters that are still funding. 

On 7/30/2022 at 9:08 AM, KruleBear said:

Yeah, I just watched the video from the KS update. Fortunately I am only waiting on Planet Apocalypse 2 and am not close to getting trough all the  scenarios from the first one. 

I suspect this (from someone that seems pretty savvy with production risks and management) and the fiasco of several others (I am looking at you Blacklist) that the future of mega sized miniature Kickstarters will look significantly than the past few years.  I would be pretty leery of any current physical Kickstarters that are still funding. 

Yeah, I am normally one of their biggest champions, but I really don't know what to think right now. I am all-in for everything: the new content for Cthulhu Wars, Hyperspace, Planet Apocalypse, Eternal Adversary, Dinosaur 1944, and I feel like there might be on I am forgetting.

My wallet weeps.

• Like 1

*sigh*  I think I'm pretty much done with Petersen Games once I get my last bit of Cthulhu Wars kit.  And I've definitely scaled back my KS involvement over the past year.

The Egg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

*sigh*  I think I'm pretty much done with Petersen Games once I get my last bit of Cthulhu Wars kit.  And I've definitely scaled back my KS involvement over the past year.

The Egg

I honestly could sell half my Cthulhu Wars stuff and still have more than I will ever play...and I don't know anyone personally that has played the game more than I have.

8 hours ago, Talae said:

I honestly could sell half my Cthulhu Wars stuff and still have more than I will ever play...and I don't know anyone personally that has played the game more than I have.

Yeah, I bought in heavily on CW as well - and still have yet to play it.  It's annoying how much space a game I've never played is taking up . . .

The Egg

1 hour ago, Egg of Coot said:

Yeah, I bought in heavily on CW as well - and still have yet to play it.  It's annoying how much space a game I've never played is taking up . . .

The Egg

I have played like 70 times. It is a great game. Still don't need to own it all.

On 8/30/2022 at 9:03 PM, Talae said:

Surprise an entire expansion has been being manufactured this whole time: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petersengames/cthulhu-wars-the-daemon-sultan/posts/3594788?ref=bggforums

It doesn't really say clearly, but it is assumed this will be given as a consolation for increased shipping costs.

Turns out PG wants an extra hundred bucks for the expansion to help bail them out on shipping costs for CW04.  As far as I'm concerned this is adding insult to injury.  Some people may be more forgiving of PG, but it's a hard pass as far as I'm concerned.

The Egg