Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Lots of Arena Rex

Gaaaaaaah! I am so jealous that you have painted all of these! I love the whole line.

One of these days, I'll pick up the full set of Gorgons.

Euryale:wub:

And Stheno:wub:

And Medusa:wub:

Your work on those veils is fantastic, and Euryale's scales are awesome. I like all the beasts, too!

Outstanding work. All these models are very interesting and well sculpted, and you did an amazing job painting them.

The upmost first medusa is simply stunning, and I like the rhino and Proximo a lot too. :winkthumbs:

• Like 1

Agreed with the above--spectacular work on the diaphanous veil and the rhinoceros! 

The purple shield on that first one is also amazing. And the skin tones on that Kali avatar are great! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chris Palmer
      I recently painted a pack of passed-away pea-green pirates that you can practically peer through, and posed the party for some pictures.  

Pithy painting prose on the particulars posted for perusal:  http://allbonesabout.blogspot.com/2019/05/ghost-pirates-bones-4-figures.html

I ordered an additional set of the pirates so i could have a unit of 10 for gaming purposes.

• By Darcstaar
      I love this model.  Even with her slightly too-long sword hilt and bendy sword.  I straightened it, but it has slowly bent again.
      This is a figure to represent a female paladin of Sarenrae for our Pathfinder Reign of Winter campaign: a redhead whose favorite color is green.  That is why she is on a snow base.
      I wanted to spend a lot of time on her, and am very happy with the blending on the gray NMM.  It took about 3 rounds of painting transitions then glazing over the lines to smooth everything out.
      I tried a little weathering to the leather scabbards and belt to make them look scratched from adventuring use. 
      This was also the first time I tried giving a female figure makeup: blush, eye shadow, and lipstick.  I'm not sure how good that came out, I'll let you all tell me.
      The sword blade was the least successful part.  It just didn't want to cooperate, which is due in part to the softer details on the casting.
      I hope you like her as much as I do.  C&C Welcome.

• By Doug Sundseth
      Here's a WizKids translucent Hell Hound:

Primed with gloss acrylic medium. Base colors with Badger Ghost Tints. Spine, claws, teeth, metallics, and eyes done with various opaques. Some black used to pick out details in the flames.
    • By paedia
      I finished one of my favorite figures from the original Bones Kickstarter: Trista, the White Wolf. Patrick Keith is one of my favorite sculptors and he did a great job with her - especially with her realistic proportions and armor. I wasn't digging the original sword, so I swapped it out using the weapon sprue from Bones 3.

I bunch of thanks to all of the forum members who gave great encouragement and suggestions in my WIP thread.

• By paedia
      [Warning: lots of images incoming]

Next up on my table are the miniatures from Cerebria: The Inside World, a boardgame from Mindclash Games in which the forces of Bliss and Gloom vie for control of an evolving personality.

I'm going to try to do these two at a time (one from each team); the first two will be Harmony and Malice.

Session 1 - prime + zenithal highlight

Harmony

Malice

Session 2

Harmony
      With the airbrush, I did base+shading of the wings and base of the body. Colors used:
      - Twilight Blue
      - Snow Shadow
      - Surf Aqua
      - Violet Light
      - Sunset Purple
      - Maggot White

Malice
      For malice, I'm starting with the NMM-bronze-ish body. I base coated with Khaki Shadow, then used Ghoul Skin and Moldy Skin for initial highlighting. Shadows are Woodstain Brown and NMM Gold Shadow (which I am not that fond of for Gold, but seems to work well here). Any other color recommendations? I finished up the session with basing the skirt in Redstone.

• Who's Online   42 Members, 4 Anonymous, 153 Guests (See full list)