SUPERHEROES! Crosswire (50018) plus ACTION SHOTS!

Rigel

What are heroes without villains to oppose them? Less exciting, that's what! So here is Crosswire, an incredibly jacked brute powered by canisters of some sinister Brute Juice! He doesn't map directly on to any character I know, but combines elements of Bane, Mr. Hyde, some members of the Wrecking Crew, the Rhino, and (due to Drug Powers) maybe the bad robocop from Robocop 2. 
I tried to get some minor OSL coming off the Brute Juice canisters and drybrush his many bulgy veins Alien Goo green. He's a very big fellow, in the same weight class as the Clay Golem. (see http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82054-77170-clay-golem-conversion-plus-59009-female-mad-scientist/ ) Lots and lots of muscles to highlight and wash. 

DSCN6108.thumb.JPG.728419e5ad61d73268a94f12b5cc72b1.JPGDSCN6083.thumb.JPG.9feb90d6860cd203cbcf10e083283706.JPGDSCN6084.thumb.JPG.b21c1f436cdc3c98ce48cc9cc7aaa24d.JPGDSCN6086.thumb.JPG.a810b45d3e12d2bc0d4fe2ca759a20c1.JPGDSCN6085.thumb.JPG.8cc011eac1db14ac519288565ac57bd1.JPG

But what we all came here for is of course some wreckage and mayhem!

DSCN6101.thumb.JPG.370294c71e34ee0bd3c2449b9989887c.JPG
DSCN6111.thumb.JPG.85f25f4707e9101c8991566801e2c63f.JPGDSCN6115.thumb.JPG.88d36073eb426afd6c2276e4030a45ef.JPGDSCN6113.thumb.JPG.d9b859e2b37f4d303190f05c2d7924c2.JPGDSCN6116.thumb.JPG.cbfe1564f389e26c1c56b44d76316a9c.JPG

Spoiler

Bonus content! We've already met Lady Tiger, 50169 (see http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85278-circus-acrobat-lady-tiger-super-villain-50169/ ) Here she is in a supers context! Man, such a full sprint from both characters; it's delightfully kinetic. 
DSCN6118.thumb.JPG.59071b8a73c7ccad9866d44753e5e3ff.JPGDSCN6117.thumb.JPG.196a1660c2a22f77a6b37f37628e05a1.JPGDSCN6119.thumb.JPG.f2a518e23f1ed6efc04f4760250bd9d9.JPGDSCN6120.thumb.JPG.bca82b93f3f32ed70b6474f9c00f38c9.JPG

• Like 20

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all! 

15 hours ago, Warlady said:

You always create the best little vignettes!

I'm glad you like them! They're fun to do. 

10 hours ago, Iridil said:

Another great story/vignette. I like the added OSL - maybe go for it even more next time? Really like the yellow.

Thanks! I'm getting more confident with OSL; I'm sure I'll overdo it soon enough. :poke:
That schoolbus yellow is one of my favorite paints, if it wasn't already abundantly clear!

6 hours ago, Jordan Peacock said:

I really like the "construction/caution-stripe yellow" scheme on this guy.  :)  Also, nice touch with the free-hand work on those packages as part of the scatter terrain!

Thank you! I think the guy might have been bitten by a radioactive bulldozer. 
And thanks re: the air mail packages! If memory serves, I made them for a Call of Cthulhu adventure aboard a mail-carrying zeppelin.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Yet a third, and thus far final, spacefuture character from Antediluvian Miniatures. He is billed as a bounty hunter and comes with two pauldron-mounted plasma cannons, but I wanted more of a blue-collar look. The industrial armor suit with its huge digging claw is amazing. The Miner is dwarf-sized, likely from a high-gravity world. 

It's a tough life, prospecting for minerals in the asteroid belt.

More turnaround pix:

Especially when the ore vats start acting up.

BUT! once in a great while you strike paydirt.

And with the credits from a haul like that, even after the Protectorate takes its cut, you're set for a Martian year of good times! Oh yeah, it's animal protein and Ganymedean moonwine from here on out! And the FLAVORED nutrient paste, every day!

Success breeds envy, though...keep that exosuit on.

Featuring guest appearances from Crosswire (50018), the robot from Briony, Cybertechnician (50064), some Mantic mining terrain, the previously posted Buckland Rogers, and some Hydra Galacteers, as well as Reaper's shipping crates, soda machines, and starship generator. The rusty shed is corrugated cardstock; the bar is mostly a repurposed toy-car blister pack with some wire and gewgaws, plus the Starship Door. 

This guy and Crosswire really would make a good pair of recurring bounty hunters/mercenaries/roughneck profiteers now that I think of it. The physical contrasts really sell them as a classic set of Those Two Guys.
    • By Rigel
      Chronoscope has some splendid figures under the "Superhero"/"Supervillain" tags. How could I resist? 
      50080, Zenith, is magnificently dynamic and determined. The posture would make an amazing speedster hero, but the ludicrously well-defined muscles and enormous pecs (as well as the name) hinted at something else. Not original of me, but I love the guy. I have been advised to use more washes and shading, and so it has been done!

Should I try to paint little scale-armor scales on the torso? I need to find a large round-headed thumbtack for shield purposes...

50107 is pretty obvious. A delightful sculpt! Used GW Screaming Bell, Gehenna Gold; ArtDeco Rich Espresso, AP Rough Iron. I'll put some glowing eyes on there soon and Nuln Oil the armor up. Maybe I should throw some copper or silver in there?

80058, the Wild West Wizard of Oz Lion, does not look remarkably leonine. It DOES look like our favorite Dark Horse hero with the serial numbers filed off though:

And then there's the unspeakably jacked Crosswire, 50018. This one doesn't map directly onto any one villain, but a combination of the Wrecking Crew and Bane is gonna be fun to paint. (And he'll also make a great techno-luchador!) Should I make his weird superpower drug pods (and bulging veins) Alien Goo green, or Orc Blood purple? I think I'll also put black diagonal CAUTION stripes on the yellow parts of his armor. 

• By Rigel
      "AND HIGH UPON THE WIRE ABOVE YOU, ladiesangennlemen, prepared to make a leap of certain doom to all but the most skilled acrobats and trapeze artists, Ailura the Fearless Cat-Woman! BORN and subsequently ORPHANED on an ill-fated expedition up the turbid Amazon, then RAISED by JAGUARS, YES-ladiesangennlemen-you-heard-me-correctly-there-I-DID-say JAG-U-ARS, she learned to leap from branch to vine before she could WALK! Discovered and rescued by a team of scientists, several of whom PERISHED IN THE ATTEMPT, she has the instincts and body of a FERAL CAT of the DEEPEST JUNGLE! No man or woman born and raised in our civilization would be capable of such DIZZYING and VERTIGINOUS AERIAL DISPLAYS, such PRECIPITOUS PLUNGES!"

(In reality, "Ailura" was born in a small town in Nebraska and raised by reasonably competent human parents. A remarkable flair for gymnastics coupled with a total lack of opportunity and scope for those talents meant it was this or the burlesque stage. And in the circus you get to travel the country, get a lot more air-time, and you have the World's Strongest Man to back you up if a drunken patron starts getting too close.)

My god, what a dynamic sculpt! Such a forward sprint, such kinetic drive! I think only Zenith (50080, Not!Captain America) comes close to it. I need to get another copy and put tiger stripes on her. 

• By Pingo
      For my birthday my husband gave me a collection of classic British TV homage characters from Crooked Dice.  On the site this figure is called "Pandora King" and is painted up as a blonde in a grey and vivid red outfit, but when you look at her lines she is pretty clearly supposed to be Diana Rigg in this outfit as Emma Peel from the old show "The Avengers".

I was so enthused about painting her that I got her well started before I took pictures.

I primed her white and washed her with Burnt Umber, then did her skin in complex mixes of Titanium White, Burnt Umber, Burnt Sienna, Raw Sienna, and Red Oxide.  I haven't painted her eyes yet.

I also rinsed her hair and outfit over with pure Carbon Black.  It's not quite as monochrome as it looks in the photos.

• By hosercanadian
      This weekend I managed to call my Crosswire conversion complete.

For those interested, the WIP is under this forum (but my computer doesn't like the link adding function on the forum).

I am happy with how my NMM is coming along.  I could have brought this to the next level with more time but as he will be used as a game piece, I am happy to call him done.

More pics and rambling on my blog.  As a teaser, here is Whiplash vs Iron Man and the Incredible Hulk.