Othikent

77313, Hill Giant Krug

Very good work, and the hair is a realistic addition!

I like it!

• Like 1

Great take on this guy - like the belt and the armpit hair is a perfect addition - I'm stealing that!

• Like 1

Tremendous work! You've really nailed the "brutish dullard" expression with those blank eyes. Pit hair is genius!

I think you really nailed the skin, fingernails, and muscles. The base is excellent, really sets the model off.

I just finished his brother  Golan but now realize i need to go back and do more.

any chance you have pics of the process to build the base, or just tell us what materials you used ? 

thanks

Thanks everyone! Glad you like him. 

As for the base, I don't have any WIP pics but I can explain. I didn't have any plastic bases big enough so I took a wooden disc I got a long time ago from a craft store. It was about 65mm across and glued the original base to it. I then built up some ground texture using some cheap air dry clay I watered down into a mud like consistency. I added a pinch or two of sand for added texture. I used the ground texture to fill in around and blend in the original base careful to keep it out of the slots for the feet. 

When that was dry I used a bit of toilet paper soaked in watered down PVA and reinforced the clay where it had cracked. Then I painted it up with a brown and added a few different colored inks then dry brushed it with a lighter color. 

The last touches where some static grasses and tufts from army painter. 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Othikent
  • Like 4