MInis for Twitter Exchange Thinger

Generic Fighter

So, I've been a participant in an exchange type thing on Twitter for quite a while now. It is known as "The Box of Many Things" and is a low cost to no cost geeky, nerdy Secret Santa type exchange that takes place every other month. this is for my April Thinger. We use the term "Thinger" to describe those who are in the exchange, specifically the person you are sending to or are receiving from, which are rarely the same person. They even have international group for those outside of the states, too. Art is a common thing to send as it is very low cost to make and usually low cost to mail too! So behold my badly repainted D&D Minis!

So, my Thinger plays two PCs, a Druid and and a Dryad Warlock and I was going to try to paint a mini for one of those but ran into a roadblock. I couldn't find a mini for either of them! Also, they are an excellent artist and provided ARTWORK of their PCs for reference! I wouldn't be able to do justice for them at all! So I dug through the 4 pages of info they gave to find something I could paint successfully and not take far too long to do so! And I found that The Druid likes to become a Dire Wolf a lot and the Dryad has a Winged Cat for a Familiar so i got to work! Here they are!

100_3620.JPG.66ffb236311b22d759721da87704fef5.JPG

100_3621.JPG.31d5c259128d4fc6fdfcfda5bd7febc2.JPG

100_3622.JPG.46be88da752fb8d744e113ab1757fb42.JPG

100_3623.JPG.591d3d934a3c6f55dd0b85038a3787ee.JPG

100_3624.JPG.5843db0b3bec441d987f28ff7f684800.JPG

100_3625.JPG.099201fe9d02c2467c582d65616d4f72.JPG

Hope you enjoyed them!

GF

• Like 16

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Design ClayCyanide- Vukodlak Fighter
      3D Printed on my Elegoo Mars Scaled up 150% to increase the size.
      Base Resin from Microart Studios.

Part of my Children of the Night Project:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-night-by-glitterwolf/page/25/#comments

When the Moon is full sensible folks stay indoors keeping a silver weapon close.
      Of course there are always non-believers, that's what the Vukodlak likes most.
      Tender meat...

• By vulture
      This is actually an older paintjob, but It doesn't look like I have ever shared it. it's simple, but effective - everyone needs a warg.
      For the wolf fans out there!

• By Chaoswolf
      This an old D&D miniatures Bonded Fire Summoner that I cleaned up the basic paintjob it came with. This was mostly done to knock out something quick to get back into painting. Basic tabletop.

Lots of dust, I really need to clean out the lightbox....

• By Lord of the Dish Pit
      A beast of Old Night to reinforce my Infernalist Witch faction...

and after going back and giving it eyes...

• By 72moonglum
      Good evening Reapertons!

So I've been busy working on a little project, plus I'm painting some Christmas elves for my mom, but amidst everything else I got inspired to repaint a figure that for some reason I've always liked quite a lot. She's a very simple figure, and I painted her first probably way back in 1980 something, probably between 1982-1986.  She was sculpted by Dennis Mize in a set of four other thieves in the Children of the Night range. I've actually painted three of the four, still haven't gotten around to painting the last one with a grappling hook.  Anyway, showing off new to old:

and here is the original miniature, way back from the funky monkey eighties:

and here she is when I painted her maybe in the early 2000's, I'm guessing between 2004-2006:

and here they are all together:

So the oddest thing about these is that I've really never succeeded in varying from the basic color scheme.  There's always a bit of a change, but I always envisioned her as a dusky skinned, desert-themed thief.   One of these days I have a feeling that I'll paint her again, and I'll try to do a hugely opposite color scheme, blonde hair and bright clothing.  Who knows when though, it seems it takes me over a decade to get to a new version of a figure!