Sign in to follow this  
Rainbow Sculptor

Guess That Mini

I've been working on another exciting set of figures which will debut soon. We thought it would be fun to do a teaser of one of the completed figures on this set and see if you guys can guess which classic fairytale novel is getting reimagined for a new line of miniatures!

Any guesses??

received_597471077437826.jpg

• Like 11

Crystal glass mascot ("God bless all little boys with slingshots" or something to that effect) mixed with a bit of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbs...? 

That's as good of a guess as I can offer ^_^;;;;

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

My best guess is Peter Pan.

Seconded.

• Like 2

I'm also thinking that's a lost boy from "Peter Pan." I like it!

• Like 2

I don’t remember any of the movie Peter Pan / Lost Boys using slingshots ... But it has been awhile since I have seen any of that. I have not read the original story. Bare feet might work for them. 

The sling is all wrong for David bin Jesse. (Giantslayer, later King of Israel.) Also, he was well off enough to have had sandals. 

Bits of the costume, and the bare feet remind me of a beggar boy named Al’Ladin.

Alladin?

Edit: Huge feet, those look enormous. Do they just need to be that big from a structural / engineering standpoint?

Edited by TGP
  • Like 2

Wow you guys are good! The story is Peter Pan and this is one of his lost boys! 

@TGP I made the feet this big for our test print to see how far they needed to be exaggerated (something I've been struggling with particularly in the digital to physical translation). They were still a bit too long in the physical model so they've been shortened and won't be quite so large in the final figure. 

@Corsair I'm hoping that players will be able to use these models for a variety of purposes to suit their game. However, compared to other Reaper halfling minis he's about a head taller. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Clearman said:

My first thought was Huckleberry Finn 

I was definitely going for a nostalgic Norman Rockwell type vibe which could fit a Huckleberry Finn character really well. Good guess!

• Like 2