kristof65

How do you feel about multiple projects being open by the same creator

I still don't like it. 

Actually I like it even less now than I did when this conversation started on April 30th.    I've come to the conclusion that multiple open projects is always a bad sign, no matter who it is.  Period.  And I don't care about arguments that "you have to do this if you are a business because you can't wait when a project has delays if you have more in the pipeline."  Find another solution. 

Also, companies that do this a lot and get away with it (CMON) keep drawing potentially reluctant backers to yet one more project by offering large numbers of expensive KS exclusives which function by exploiting FOMO:

"I want Bloodborne because the miniatures look cool but if I want to really enjoy it I have to go all-in for hundreds of dollars on a game I've never played and may not enjoy but my fear of missing out overwhelms my reason."

And a happy Sunday morning to you all.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Also, companies that do this a lot and get away with it (CMON) keep drawing potentially reluctant backers to yet one more project by offering large numbers of expensive KS exclusives which function by exploiting FOMO:

"I want Bloodborne because the miniatures look cool but if I want to really enjoy it I have to go all-in for hundreds of dollars on a game I've never played and may not enjoy but my fear of missing out overwhelms my reason."

And a happy Sunday morning to you all.

FOMO is a definite problem, especially with CMON games. I hear good things about Blood Rage, for example, but I have actively chosen not to play demos of it at conventions because I don't want to find myself enjoying it but being unable to get all the KS exclusive content without paying an arm and a leg to resellers. I did back for basically everything in Rising Sun, and have been pleased with the KS exclusives, but the idea that I won't be able to get the "real" game without backing at the KS level is definitely a negative when it comes to buying after the fact.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Disciple of Sakura said:

FOMO is a definite problem, especially with CMON games. I hear good things about Blood Rage, for example, but I have actively chosen not to play demos of it at conventions because I don't want to find myself enjoying it but being unable to get all the KS exclusive content without paying an arm and a leg to resellers. I did back for basically everything in Rising Sun, and have been pleased with the KS exclusives, but the idea that I won't be able to get the "real" game without backing at the KS level is definitely a negative when it comes to buying after the fact.

Agreed. I don't own anything from CMON for that reason.

• Like 5

Nord Games just came out with an update that their Treacherous Traps is going to be late. Supposed to be out in August (let's be real, any KS that was going to be out in August was supposed to be a Gen Con release eh?) and now maybe first quarter of 2020.

And they have other KS's that are late.

So yeah, glad I only backed Treacherous Traps. Hope this isn't an implosion sign. 

• Like 2

Depends on the Sponsor, their track record, and if the concurrent projects are complimentary or appeal to different market segments.

Of course, the better the track record on fulfillment the more comfortable I would be with such a scenario.

GEM

• Like 1