Gremdel

Gauth and Marsh Troll bases

Hello, I was wondering if anyone else had these issues and the best way to fix them. Did a search of the forum and didn't find anything.

1. Gauth's (big core set dragon) feet seem pretty uneven. When the "higher" foot is flat his lower foot is a good 3/4 inch off the ground. I figure I'll do a boil and twist of the legs but it seemed like it was off by a lot. 

IMG_20190428_195245.thumb.jpg.6cb815741afa1e9751db0f9cbf445e25.jpg

2. Marsh Troll. The footprint on the base seems way off. His lower half is pretty solid so I don't know if boiling and adjusting will work. I figure he'll get a custom base but I was curious if they're all off that much. IMG_20190428_195147.thumb.jpg.139a72e2ba7b43cebbb954feec652a32.jpg

• Like 2

I know the wolf from the frost giants was a bit off, so I boiled his leg and moved it over, held it a bit in place, then cooled it under tap water after about a minute. Seems to have fixed the issue, and he is all glued up on his base:)

• Like 2

Boiling worked for my Gauth. I just dunked his feet and then set him down in the position I wanted him and the feet self corrected and cooled in the right spot.  

I didn't have that problem with the troll, but did with several others and a boil seemed to fix them all. I didn't follow wit a cold dunk, just let them come back to temp naturally in the position I wanted them in.

For Gauth, maybe find a dragon sized fire hydrant? 

Err, okay, I guess not...

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

I know the wolf from the frost giants was a bit off, so I boiled his leg and moved it over, held it a bit in place, then cooled it under tap water after about a minute. Seems to have fixed the issue, and he is all glued up on his base:)

Yeah, my wolf is off too but he's close enough I'm not too worried about him. Thanks all, sounds like the boil n' cool should do it. 

My Gauth's right foot is so twisted from normal that I'm just going to build a new base. Make him look like he's perched on rocky outcroppings instead of standing on a table.

The foot is about 75-80 degrees twisted from flat. Almost perpendicular to the table.