Sign in to follow this  
Pineapple

RP Challenge: Bones 4 Pirates

As with the other ghosts, I was playing around with quickly airbrushing a ghost effect.  I liked the green tone of these Bones 4 minis, but I'm not a big fan of translucent figures.  I wanted to paint over them, but keep the ghost vibe.  These are much greener in person.  I like them, but I think the blue ghosts in the other thread turned out a tad better.  These ended up a hair too bright for what I was going for, but it's all in the name of science! I might glaze them down a bit later.

20190422_192925.thumb.jpg.10a659d094e732827c9b2df7ea9720d8.jpg

20190422_192940.thumb.jpg.38f92bc65d02b4cd82d31672854da770.jpg

20190422_192959.thumb.jpg.a5825de9ba73de0928ab8b3afcb8d0cd.jpg

20190422_193009.thumb.jpg.bac0176e7d4fe29025a972b8f81499ea.jpg

20190422_193040.thumb.jpg.fd088b3a0bdf28088548a2f41eaf7198.jpg

20190422_193055.thumb.jpg.4036ae186eec38caa74563e86c250617.jpg

• Like 16

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      This is my second entry into the Reaper Facebook Convert and Paint contest. I wanted to do this one because I love doing dragonman (dragonborn) conversions. There just aren't enough kinds of dragonmen to model for various character classes. And I'm glad that the catfolk minis came out within the last year because when I think about dragonmen, I like to see their clawed hands and feet, so it makes them great for such a conversion in my eyes.

These were the minis used for parts, including pieces from the dragonman conversion kit: 03457.

Poor Shadoweyes got her head and tail cut off.  Then I had to do some filing and filling to smooth out the cuts (particularly in the back because the tail was sculpted against the backs of the right leg and sword) and some of the fur pattern on her arms and legs. Also had to create small bit armor at the base of the tail so the pieces flowed together well. All Captain Razig lost was his hat and added a head and tail from the conversion kit.

Originally, she was going to be green with dark purple/red armor.  But after I got the original base coats on, I felt she looked too much like a lizard and not a dragon, so I switched it up.

She ended up being the winner.  I was shocked. I figured I might place, but pretty as she is, I didn't think this was one of my better pieces. But she was fun to do and I'm glad the Reaper folks put together this event.

And now, because I still feel bad about chopping off Shadoweyes' head, I'm using a portion of the winnings to buy another one to paint!
    • By Shogun
      I'm taking the leap and about to buy my first airbrush for mini painting and was hoping I could get some advice on what to buy. The Airbrushing: compendium has been very helpful and I've spent hours, days, what feels like years researching and I want to pull the trigger... I live in Canada and after ringing around some hobbyshops etc it seems amazon is the best bang for my buck. I have paint and access to a Campbell Hausfeld 2 Gallon Air Compressor (I will purchase another compressor in a few months once I have some more disposable income). My main concerns are does this compressor work with the airbrush listed below, do I need anything else? Heres what I've got in mind:   NEO CN GRAVITY-FEED DUAL-ACTION AIRBRUSH $97.20 CAD Paasche 10-foot Nylon Braided Hose $18 CAD Airbrush Cleaner 4 Kit, Washing Tools - Glass Cleaning Pot etc $22 CAD Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner 85ml $7 CAD   any advice would be appreciated
    • By Maledrakh
      This minis was a kickstarter exclusive from the Mantic Kings of War second edition campaign in 2014.
      "Blaine" is a Mantic mascot of sorts. and there has been a version of him in all their own IP kickstarters apart from the vey first Kings of War. So here is him as the Fantasy Tyrant King.

A resin special mini, there were some problems with delivery and I heard several backers never got their Blaine for some reason or other.
      I have not really had any delivery problems to speak of from any of the many Mantic kickstarters I have backed, and I obviosly got my Blaine with my shipment at the time.

I used a bespoke 3D printed 25x50mm oval base, In retrospect I probably should have gone with a slightly larger base as it does seem a little small.

This picture illustrates the smaller Mantic truscale as opposed to the larger Reaper heroic scale.

Tyrant King Blaine on Raptor
      from the Kings of War second edition kickstarter, 2014
      Mantic Entertainment
      Resin, multipart
      25x50mm base
      Kickstarter exclusive model
    • By Maledrakh
      Back in 2013 I came across a kickstarter campaign called "Heroes of the Dwarfs" by a small start up company called Oathsworn. The creator sculpted the models himself, and the greens on display were very oldhammery and full of character. I went in for a massive three minis, being a bit cautious at the time, what with this being a new company and all.
      They delivered in a timely fashion, the minis were great quality, and I have backed 13 out of 14 of Oathsworns campaigns since then. They continue to crank out the good stuff. They are on my short list of trusted creators, A+ will back again.

Ingrid Deathseeker is basically your female beardless Trollslayer.

I used one of my bespoke 3D printed 25mm round lipped bases for her.

Ingrid Deathseeker
      from the Heroes of the Dwarfs kickstarter, 2013
      Oathsworn Miniatures
      Sculpted by Michael Lovejoy
      metal, single piece casting
      25mm base
    • By Maledrakh
      From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag:

A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry.
      The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakka Red followed by a smaller dot of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow.
      Base and done.
      Even though this mini is billed as a Sea Hag and she does have a slight fishy look about her, I am thinking she will be joining my Ghoul army as some sort of subleader.

"Who be this tender morsel? Come to Meg, juicy boy! What a fine fat boy you are!"

77276 Sea Hag
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
  • Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)