TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, May 1st: What is the longest number of minutes you have waited between consecutive posts and still had them auto-merged?

I haven't the foggiest. Making sure I shake my spray finish long enough is about the extent of my timing.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question, May 1st: What is the longest number of minutes you have waited between consecutive posts and still had them auto-merged?

I feel like I have gone longer than 3 minutes and had posts combined. Thanks for the info @TaleSpinner  !

The interval between Post 1 and Post 2 in this thread was about 15 minutes. But I have no idea which kind ( ** looks at @Doug Sundseth ** ) of minutes. 

ReaperMinutes™️ I suppose. ReaperMinutes are awesome: the next one will be along Soon™️.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

16 minutes ago, TGP said:

I feel like I have gone longer than 3 minutes and had posts combined. Thanks for the info @TaleSpinner  !

The interval between Post 1 and Post 2 in this thread was about 15 minutes. But I have no idea which kind ( ** looks at @Doug Sundseth ** ) of minutes. 

ReaperMinutes™️ I suppose. ReaperMinutes are awesome: the next one will be along Soon™️.

My information came from Bryan when he and Kit set it up.  It is totally possible that tinkering and changes have occurred in the intervening years that I am unaware of.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

But I have no idea which kind ( ** looks at @Doug Sundseth ** ) of minutes.

Probably about 1.9013 µYear (Astronomical, Earth).

From the available evidence.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, TaleSpinner said:
7 hours ago, TGP said:

2 minutes and 59 seconds, since it is set to 3 minutes in the forum code, though sometimes it seems longer than that, but it isn't.

Well this just ruined my wild!@# guess. Sure seemed like more than 3 minutes. 

t

Edited by Zink
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, TGP said:

I am not nearly responsive enough for that to have ever been an issue here.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TaleSpinner said:

2 minutes and 59 seconds, since it is set to 3 minutes in the forum code, though sometimes it seems longer than that, but it isn't.

Not fair! You are using facts and logic! You big meanie!

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, TGP said:

I... I don't wait for such.  If it's merged, it's merged. ^_^

• Like 6

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Eh. I never really paid that much attention. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TGP said:

7 or 8?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Long enough to occasionally annoy or surprise me.

Not long enough for me to care enough to check the clock.

(you got me curious so I'm doing a merge test)

This thread was thiiiiis close to having a Men At Work sign as the second post. Because second shift means my nights can be dull and I will amuse myself.

Yep. they merged.

Edited by NebulousMissy
spacing out the merges
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, NebulousMissy said:

This thread was thiiiiis close to having a Men At Work sign as the second post.

That ^ would have saved me some time. I had one tab open with the question all typed up, waiting to hit “Submit”. And there was a second tab with the first post open, that I periodically refreshed to get it to divulge how long ago it was posted. 

Because second shift means my nights can be dull and I will amuse myself.

I once had a second shift job. (It was quite a recipe for loneliness.) I sort of know the feeling, but they worked us to the bone, and punished attempts at humor or amusement.

Yep. they merged.

:ph34r: After how much time?

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, TGP said:

That ^ would have saved me some time. I had one tab open with the question all typed up, waiting to hit “Submit”. And there was a second tab with the first post open, that I periodically refreshed to get it to divulge how long ago it was posted. 

I once had a second shift job. (It was quite a recipe for loneliness.) I sort of know the feeling, but they worked us to the bone, and punished attempts at humor or amusement.

:ph34r: After how much time?

Darn, I should have then ::P: I didn't want to get in anyone's way.

I work for the IRS so I have to take my amusement elsewhere. There's only so many names in the US that the system will reduce to dirty words.

They merged after I went to a different thread, read that, got the idea, came back here, and typed the thing. Not the most numerical time period but it can be relevant: if the idea is fresh in your mind the posts will merge.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Uhm... several? I never really counted. I mean 20!

Best I wait for someone else to post to break the continuity.

• Haha 6

Question for

May 2nd: Have you ever tried (or heard of) pure A2 protein cow’s milk?

Edited by TGP
Merged after 3’15” ....bother.
  • Like 3