TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 14th ~ What dumb things have you done lately in the kitchen ?

I recently-ish purchased a crock-pot/slow cooker. I have tried to make mac & cheese in it (it can be done, I know two people who have done it) with the results being a starchy mush that tasted of despair. 

I got a recipe from one of the two people that have done it successfully. I have not had the opportunity to try it yet though.

• Like 7

On 5/13/2019 at 3:28 AM, TGP said:

Question for:

May 13 ~ What is a happy thought* that always works to make you happy ?

I cant really say I have a happy thought that always works, because my pregnancy hormones proved able to produce mighty brain weasels. 

But my Hubby has shown that he is more than capable of slaying those weasels, given enough effort.

19 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 14th ~ What dumb things have you done lately in the kitchen ?

Well, in the last week of my pregnancy I was making baked potatoes (because potatoes are god's perfect dirt apple), and, like a fool, I attempted to remove a potato from the oven with my bare fingers. The potato went flying and exploded all over the floor. And I started crying. 

Hubby had to comfort me about that too :rolleyes:

• Like 6

Dumb thing in the kitchen, gotten interested in making mead.

• Like 7

Question for:

May 15 ~ What is the most complicated, brain challenging, game you currently play ?

Edited by TGP
15th
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 15 ~ What is the most complicated, brain challenging, game you currently play ?

Dungeons and Dragons ... with Mr. Thorne GMing, one does have to think quite a bit... ^^;

• Like 8

39 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Armchair astrophysics.

Not really a game, more like studying for fun. But brain-bending nonetheless.

• Like 8

45 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I'm running my D&D campaign right now. I guess that counts? I'm making a bunch of villains and trying to make sure my "what if" scenarios are coherent plotwise. Also trying to get villains that can thwart some of the group's instincts. It is about time to start challenging them. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

The “How to Buy all the Minis I Want with the Little Money I Have.” game.

I think the fact that I seem to be missing a significant amount of the $$$ tokens required to play is making the game a lot harder.

• Like 6
  • Haha 12

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Currently Magic: the Gathering, specifically the Commander format. I play against people who have been doing it a lot longer than I have, spend a lot more money on it, and obsess more about what card combos they can put into their deck to perfect it. When I said that I don't have great cards, my friend said that "You don't have great cards, but you have important ones." He was alluding to the fact that I have been able stymie an overwhelming attack with odd or obscure cards that  stop my opponents when they least expect it.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Life. I'm hoping that save and reboot upgrades are issued soon.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

For this question I was sort of (limiting my) thinking to board games. As if there was a Scale that stretched from Tic-Tac-Toe to Chess or maybe Candyland to Go. But I guess RPGs and MTG have a place in there. 

Lately my brain exercise is:

65F7639B-8CF9-47F0-9B6C-83A345FF330E.thumb.jpeg.be3fb9c4598e3c5e0ce93f15b086021c.jpeg1557D509-D0A4-410A-8BED-C60794DE09F6.thumb.jpeg.41e4790ed679c9973349f095d62d400f.jpeg

...One form of chess or another. These two snaps are from the same program (app) but not the same game (match). In the upper picture Black is deciding what it’s next move is, in the lower picture it is White’s move. 

If the arrangement of the pieces looks odd this is because it is an odd variation of standard chess. The app gives each side a different army of Chessmen. One side might start with four knights, the other side with five, where just two knights is the norm. 

It is like two medieval armies showing up to battle with whatever they can muster.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have not been doing such a great job answering my own questions. ...

On 5/13/2019 at 6:18 AM, Glitterwolf said:
On 5/13/2019 at 4:58 AM, TGP said:

...maybe I will edit this later...**one of them is covered in dinosaurs. 

Oooohhh!!! Pics! Pics!!!

Dinosaurs!!!

Request noted: I am workin’ on it. 

Edited by TGP
Need Dino pic...
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I have an app that's called Einstein's Riddles, or Puzzle(?), or something along those lines. I once saw a similar game called Sherlock's something-something.

It's a basic deduction game where you have a grid with different categories of pictures. One line is fully revealed, and with clues (X is in the same/different column as Y), you have to deduce which picture is associated with which square in the lines. The higher the difficulty, the bigger the grid. And depending on the clues, it can be dirt simple of frustratingly complicated.

Then there's my collection of Rubik/puzzle cubes (2x2x2, 3x3x3, 4x4x4, 5x5x5, off center mirror 3x3x3). I'm no speed cuber, but I can solve a standard cube under three minutes. I could be faster, but I never bothered learning the faster algorithms.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

The only game I've been playing for the past 2 weeks or so is Project Zomboid.  It's a zombie apocalypse survival sim set in Kentucky in 1993.  You run around, loot houses, avoid or kill zombies, build a safehouse, and generally try to survive as long as you can.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I think I will go with D&D as well, as I am DMing and it's my first foray into 5th.  Lot of subtle differences that keep me guessing and researching.  I'm often very tired by the end of a session.  

Otherwise, many of the cooperative games can be quite challenging with lots of pooling of brain power to work out combos and such to defeat the zombies/monsters/epidemics.  

Deck building in Magic can be quite a lot of work too...  

• Like 5