TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

14 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 15 ~ What is the most complicated, brain challenging, game you currently play ?

Umm...I DM a freeform hexcrawl D&D campaign for eight players. And this week's game includes a MAIL CALL for the PCs... And I'm not done with all the handouts.

I'm not sure if this is more or less of a brain blender, but I'm also currently directing a production of Shakespeare's "The Comedy of Errors," which is in some ways a lot like DMing a game in which the players are all cats. Not "the PCs are all Tabaxi," mind you. Actually "the players are all cats."

• Like 9

15 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 15 ~ What is the most complicated, brain challenging, game you currently play ?

For video games I'm limited to my phone currently. But I found a game called Flow Fit. It's like a crossword puzzle and a... Tangram? I'm not sure that's what I want but it's close enough. It's neat.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I wouldn't consider any of my current games to be particularly brain challenging.  I recently started playing Ys VI, but as an action RPG that's more of button pushing challenge than a brain challenge.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Not playing anything tabletop at the moment, unfortunately.

I play a lot of video/computer games though. The most complicated one I play off and on is Factorio. Basically a logistics and build your own massive factory simulator. At time it feels like you make your own problems and then you have to figure out solutions to them. The end objective is to launch a rocket, with a satellite attached, into space. You start with two stone furnace and two coal powered drilling/mining machines. Depending on map settings you can also have the native giant insectoid life attacking you as well.

Edited by Illithar
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

The only thing I'm playing with any regularity right now is Pathfinder. Thankfully, I'm not DMing at the moment. 

I seem to be a lot more competent when I'm running a game, though. I frequently forget all the many abilities that my character has. Too many situational modifiers, I guess.

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

For video games I'm limited to my phone currently. But I found a game called Flow Fit. It's like a crossword puzzle and a... Tangram? I'm not sure that's what I want but it's close enough. It's neat.

I have that game, it's really nifty  ^_^ I tend to binge it for a few days, then have a couple of days off. I used to be a fairly serious gamer, but life is getting in the way too much lately.

• Like 7

May 14, Dumbest thing done in a kitchen  - last week I was making "White Chicken Enchiladas with Green Chile Sour Cream Sauce" 

and left out the green chiles   Wife complained and added hot sauce, My Spawn thought it was better than normal. 

May 15 complicated games: I play a lot of Elder Scrolls Online : legends - it is a CCG set in the world of elder scrolls.  I do a lot of PvP  and its tricky.  Even if I get most decks off a forum, the games are still lots of thinking.  When I'm playing D&D there are actually less tricky decisions -  currently doing a mostly narrative game of colony building, and things mostly tend to work out well.  unless they involve goats, dont ask about the goats. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, ManvsMini said:

Not playing many board games at all. For computer games, I've been tackling an old favorite Medieval 2: Total War and playing as the Russians or Egyptians. Always challenging due to Mongol invasions in your backyard.

The most complicated and brain challenging thing currently? Avoiding all spoilers on Avengers Endgame because I won't get to see it until it's out on home media (can't physically take the lengthy sitting in a theater). Now THAT is hard. Had a close call at Chick-fil-A last week.

I love all the Total War games but haven't played any of the newer ones since Shogun 2. When I play Medieval I get a kick out of the names they gave the russian. Think my favourite was Zub Zaiets. Translates as Tooth Rabbit. ::D: 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Zink said:

I love all the Total War games but haven't played any of the newer ones since Shogun 2. When I play Medieval I get a kick out of the names they gave the russian. Think my favourite was Zub Zaiets. Translates as Tooth Rabbit. ::D: 

Oooh Total War!

I have and play:

• Rome
  • Medieval II
  • Rome II
  • Warhammer
  • Shogun II
  • Empire
  • Napoleon

Of these Shogun is my least favorite, the armies are mostly the same to me.

My favorites are medieval II and both Rome games ( love that era).

Empire is a hit and miss sometimes.

Napoleon because I'm very interested in that period, and I usually just play a few battles.

Warhammer, a bit of a let down.

I love the fluff and the fact that it is a fantasy setting.

It lacks the freedom of Medieval or Rome / Rome II though.

I find it silly that you can't capture/repopulate any city. It is limited to certain races who can only rebuild a city from a certain enemy into one of their own.

Too much campaign driven and too little freedom for solo/sandbox play.

Great graphics and feel though, but I would love to play the Vampire Counts and just conquer it all and turn every city I conquer into Undead.

Not possible.

This has prevented me from buying Total Warhammer II eventhough it has lizardmen...

I need to check out the Three Kingdoms, hopefully there is enough difference between those factions, or it won't be interesting to me.

Haven't tried Atilla, read so many bad reviews about that one.

I would love to see a Total War game for WW I.

Limited use of airsupport as recon or small bombardments, limited tanks. Emphasize on Infantry and Artillery.

• Like 6

Question for:

May 16th ~ What is a game you played once and decided, “Nope, Never Again”?

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Pc game Theocracy..

What a drag..

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Decided?  Hard to say.  Forbidden from playing again?  Russian Roulette and Naked Twister.  And definitely not both at once.  

• Haha 11
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

' I dare you to touch that electric fence'

Honestly, I can't think of any. So either I've been really lucky, or I have managed to completely repress any memories of said bad game.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

War machine tactics. Not sure how they managed to make the controls and ui that bad, but they did. Unhelpful overlays, hidden controls, buttons that aren't needed, and a campaign that just does not work.

I really wanted to play it. But it is not in a usable state. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

' I dare you to touch that electric fence'

Or the old classic, "Don't Whizz on the Electric Fence!"

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I believe it was called "Epic Spell Wars of the Battle of Wizards: Duel at Mt. Skullzfyre." Some card game dueling thing, maybe like Magic, but I don't play that so I don't know for sure. My brother sat down to explain it, and we started what I had believed to be a "training round". Apparently I was wrong, because my brother and the other person playing decided to unleash powerful spell combos and knocked me out before it was even my turn. That was the end of that game for me. What is the point/fun of teaching someone to play a game when you don't give them the actual chance to learn to play?

2 hours ago, buglips*the*goblin said:

Decided?  Hard to say.  Forbidden from playing again?  Russian Roulette and Naked Twister.  And definitely not both at once.  

Naked Russian Twister Roulette? Isn't that a scandal in the White House?

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1