TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

I never understood the appeal of TBBT. I have some friends who couldn't understand why, being a geek, I didn't absolutely love it. I tried watching it a few times and overall didn't care for it. I'm glad they had a good long run, and I hope that fans got what they wanted from the show. Generally speaking I don't have any interest on anything that runs on network television. 

Speaking of Doc Martin, great show. Too bad it's not on Netflix anymore. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 17th ~ Last night a US television show (initials are TBBT) aired its last and final episode, did you tune in to watch  ?

Nope. When the cast decided that I cared about their vile politics, I decided that I didn't care about their show.

Good riddance.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 17th ~ Last night a US television show (initials are TBBT) aired its last and final episode, did you tune in to watch  ?

I knew it was ending this week, but have not particularly been following it. I did not tune in.

I hope it tied itself up well for those who did.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

No.  I never watched it.

Instead, I painted while listening to a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play.

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Instead, we watched the Eurovision Songfestival. The memory still haunts me..

So what's your favorite entry in Eurovision this year?  My wife particularly likes Norway's entry (Keiino, "Spirit in the Sky").

• Like 4

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I did. Did it live up to the hype? Nope. Still left loose ends, which I hate in a planned series finale. The whole season was lackluster, so at least the finale was consistent.

I honestly tuned in to the show to see my favorite recurring characters (Kripke, Zack, Stuart, Raj's father), they always had the best lines.

1 hour ago, Loim said:

Speaking of Doc Martin, great show. Too bad it's not on Netflix anymore. 

It's off Netflix? Dangit!!!!

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Only watched it a few times and never got into it. Didn't know it was still running or about to end. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Xiwo Xerase said:

No.  I never watched it.

Instead, I painted while listening to a Crusader Kings 2 Let's Play.

So what's your favorite entry in Eurovision this year?  My wife particularly likes Norway's entry (Keiino, "Spirit in the Sky").

As biased as it may sound , I like our Dutch entry.

Also Norway and Russia and I like Australia as well.

Please let somebody tell that man from San Marino he really can't sing.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Nope.  I've watched a handful of episodes that were recommended for specific jokes or something, but otherwise I never bothered with it. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Nope. Don't watch it, don't care, not interested.

What I've heard doesn't really improve my opinion of the show, either.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Nope. Sad that some of the actors are now out of a steady paycheck, but otherwise not a fan of the show.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Yes I did. While the show was by no means perfect, it was very moving to see the end of something that a group of people had put so much into. You could see a lot of emotion in all of the actors' faces, and it's rather sad to see something that was a part of their lives end.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

good riddance.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Yes I did. 

I’ve  been a fan since the very beginning and was sad to see it end.

Considering it was a comedy and not a drama or a documentary, I thought the ending was very fitting.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Nope. I haven't had cable in close to a decade. I was never interested in that show either.

• Like 4