TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

12 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 17th ~ Last night a US television show (initials are TBBT) aired its last and final episode, did you tune in to watch  ?

I haven't watched a TV series since 2004.  (it was Dead Like Me)

edit:  Guindy's friend's husband watchted TBBT and was amused to learn not only that my name is Sheldon but that my neighbour is Leonard.

Edited by buglips*the*goblin
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 17th ~ Last night a US television show (initials are TBBT) aired its last and final episode, did you tune in to watch  ?

No, we cancelled our cable last month after realizing we hadn't used it in 3 months. We do have the NBC app on our fire stick, so we'll probably watch it at some point. 

Instead, we watched Growing Up Fisher, a cute show from a couple years ago that unjustly only got one season.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

My wife & I did. It had its moments but overall a nice way to end a series. While I never watched it weekly.  I did/do watch it on TBS. Glad to see Stuart get some lines in the final episode. Prob my favorite character on the show. 

• Like 4

18 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

Only learned it about it today while I was driving.

I only ever watched a couple of rerun episodes, enough to get a good feel of the main characters, but never got hooked.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I did tune in. For the whole two hours. The last “episode” was formatted like two 30 minute episodes back-to-back, then there was an episode of Sheldon as a kid, then there was a 30 minute Special where Cuoco and Galecki were themselves instead of their characters. 

I kinda wish they’d done one more season, but I thought they did a good job going out on or near the top. 

(n.b: Weekend Question inbound, just waiting long enough to avoid a merged post. Or, sooner if someone posts something.)

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

Yes and no. When doing warbands and armies I will often assemble, prep and prime whole units or even most of an army ahead of time. I've got a 1/4 painted medieval russian army that's been primed for years but rarely gets worked on. When I bought it I still played a lot with unpainted minis so the important part was having them assembled enough to put on the table. Other times I grab something new and do all the prep work right before painting. Nowadays I tend to try to focus more and do smaller groups from start to finish. So it'll be prepping maybe a week or so ahead of time at most with a lot of the time it being minutes before hand. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

Yes I do prep!

I obsessively scrape the mold lines, then prime (or liner for Bones), then discover I missed way more mold lines than I thought. <_<

I'm out of town this weekend, so no paint binge. However, I should have a board game binge and general fun with friends.

• Like 6

55 minutes ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I only prepare a few at a time, immediately before painting. If I do too many too far in advance  tend to loose my sense of motivation.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

Um... yes...

I'm not just lazy and easily distracted. I don't just stop in the middle of assembly or priming to work on something else. I'm prepping for later! ::P:

This memorial day I'm busy packing minis so I can move them to another apartment. Not gonna get to paint anything :down:

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I do prep miniatures in advance. Sometimes years in advance. (In a few casee decades in advance -- shhh.) But only sometimes.

I have enough minis prepped right now that I can't imagine finishing all of them by the end of next weekend.

So maybe. :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I seem to, although I'm slowly working on coming up with some semblance of a way of doing it all without winding up with six dozen ready to go and only four blocked in with initial colours..  I seem to bounce around between what I mdoing mini wise. 

I suspect it's all in what I plan on doing in the semi-near future. 

As for prepping for next weekend, nah, not planning on joining the painting binge. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I prep minis when I start working on them, washing, cleaning mold lines, etc. only on the ones that are needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I do - mold line removal, detail enhancement (you should see what you can accomplish for just a simple cloak!) and at least some plotting for basing, whether I actually end up doing any of it or not., and yes. Because I'm .. going to paint some of them, at least, this coming weekend. 

... or I'll be herding howling bratlets. It could go either way.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Not to worry...

5 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

I'm out of town this weekend, so no paint binge. However, I should have a board game binge and general fun with friends.

...the Forum Paint Binge is next weekend. (Aligned with the United States of USicans  version of Memorial Day, obviously Canada-Netherlands-UK and other countries observe different days. But it is a 3 or 4 day weekend in the same country as RHQ.)

3 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I do - mold line removal, detail enhancement (you should see what you can accomplish for just a simple cloak!) and at least some plotting for basing, whether I actually end up doing any of it or not., and yes. Because I'm .. going to paint some of them, at least, this coming weekend.

I want to know more about the cloak business. 

• Like 5