TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

I do prep when I want to paint something, not before, else I would have a lot of prepping to do now.

I do not participate in a paint binge, I'm happy to get a few hours of painting time as it is.

Good luck to all who will participate.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, TGP said:

The last “episode” was formatted like two 30 minute episodes back-to-back, then there was an episode of Sheldon as a kid, then there was a 30 minute Special where Cuoco and Galecki were themselves instead of their characters.

That episode of Sheldon as a kid is actually a separate show, if you didn't know: Young Sheldon. They just decided to tie in it's season finale with TBBT's finale. I swore I would never watch it, but when I learned that Wallace Shawn (Vizzini from the Princess Bride) was guest starring regularly, I caved in (I know, INCONCEIVABLE!!) . It doesn't stick true to any of the stories that grown-up Sheldon told about his childhood in TBBT.

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

I believe I have more prepped miniatures than painted ones. I am obsessive about mold lines, joints have to gap-filled, "milliput-juice" filling tiny imperfections, etc. I can spend an hour on a single plastic mini, scraping away. I once thought of selling my services solely as a mini prepper, but given my productivity rate... Anyhow, I always have something ready to paint this way.

I have many things prepped for this coming painting binge, as it's the first time I'll be painting in months due to a doctor-ordered lay-off. I have one more mini to actually prep, as a piece for a memorial for a friend.

• Like 5

To further expound upon yesterday's question about TBBT:

There was also something much more interesting to me on the TV to watch:  the Eastern conference finals for the Stanley cup in which the Bopston Bruins completed a 4 game sweep of the Carolina Hurricanes to advance to the final round. (I don't much care about most sports, but I like Hockey)

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

It entirely depends. If I want to hobby, but don't want to paint, then I'll do clean up and prep on some figures. Sometimes it's on something that I'm going to paint 'soon', sometimes it's just on whatever figures I lay hands on first.  Like  @Doug Sundseth, I have quite a few figures that have been ready to go for quite long periods of time in some cases.

Other times, I clean and prep whatever I'm going to paint right before I start painting it.

Yes, I am participating in the painting binge next weekend. No, I'm not preparing anything; I have several stalled projects that I'm hoping to make some progress on where all of that stuff has already been done.

• Like 10

7 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I scrape moldlines a while before priming, but once I prime then painting follows soon. I should get into prepping miniatures in advance though, but lost 0.2mm airbrush tip is making it a bit difficult and so is the tedium of scraping moldlines and actually building them. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

Sometimes I prep earlier, usually of I am going to use the airbrush for priming and base coating. Otherwise, nope.

And no on the Memorial Day Binge, we have family coming in and I will be spoiling my Great Nieces!

• Like 6

Yes, i prep but I am not as obsessive as most here seem to be.  I do mold lines only when I see them, if that. I paint low tabletop.  I will be gone for a week traveling so I will not prep and I will not participate in the challenge.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I really enjoy the prepping, base coating, AND basing. I have quite a backlog of miniatures all ready for painting.

What is the painting binge you speak of? Since I don't know what it is, I probably won't be participating.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, malefactus said:

I really enjoy the prepping, base coating, AND basing. I have quite a backlog of miniatures all ready for painting.

What is the painting binge you speak of? Since I don't know what it is, I probably won't be participating.

Info can be found here:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/86220-memorial-day-paint-binge-challenge-2019/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

Not intentionally, but I have left many projects incomplete on the painting table, which leads to a number of prepared, or partially prepared, miniatures lying around in various states.

I do not have any particular plans to do any prep this weekend, but you never know.

• Like 5

@malefactus It took me long enough to find the link that I was Ninja’d by @Chaoswolf  but yes, that is the link. 

It is just a for funs and giggles thing to do on an annually recurring long weekend.  @Inarah has promoted it the last (3?) years running. 

Edited by TGP
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2019 at 3:43 AM, TGP said:

Question for:

May 17th ~ Last night a US television show (initials are TBBT) aired its last and final episode, did you tune in to watch  ?

Television is still a thing? I thought everyone was binge watching Netflix or similar internet services these days. 

I had to look it up and the answer is no, never seen a single episode. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, TGP said:

@malefactus It took me long enough to find the link that I was Ninja’d by @Chaoswolf  but yes, that is the link. 

It is just a for funs and giggles thing to do on an annually recurring long weekend.  @Inarah has promoted it the last (3?) years running. 

It started in 2015, but I did not host one last year since I was at Paizocon. Well, that was a weekend of painting, but not shared online. 

Yes, I will be participating this year. :) 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

I tend to do a bit of prep whenever I receive a mini, scraping mild lines and such. And then I usually base figures in batches, because I like to do green stuff bases and that's easier for me to do in batches. 

I'm not currently hobbying. My life is all baby right now and my "hobby" is milk.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, TGP said:

If the installation of the new PC (25th) goes okay, I'll post pics of what I manage to do. I am a fairly prolific painter, but I savor every moment of the process; The numbers I produce are a matter of the time I spend on the craft.

I am always in binge painting mode I suppose.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I tend to do a bit of prep whenever I receive a mini, scraping mild lines and such. And then I usually base figures in batches, because I like to do green stuff bases and that's easier for me to do in batches. 

I'm not currently hobbying. My life is all baby right now and my "hobby" is milk.

I remember those early baby days. It will change.

• Like 4