TGP

Getting To Know You — May 2019

21 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

I do prep them in advance but probably not well in advance. Depending on the project will determine how far out I prep them.

I didn't know this was a thing but I don't expect to have the hobby area up and running by then.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, TGP said:

Weekend Questions for:

May 18 to 19 ~ Do you prep Miniatures in well in advance of painting them?   (Scrape mold lines, prime, shade...etc.)

I do both. Prep immediately before painting and have things sit primed for 20 ...urm, weeks ...we’ll go with weeks before hand. 

If Yes, are you going to prep some this weekend...

It is looking like not...

...for the Memorial Day Weekend Painting Binge (which is next weekend)?

...but the weekend is not over.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 5

17 hours ago, TGP said:
20 hours ago, Sylverthorne said:

I do - mold line removal, detail enhancement (you should see what you can accomplish for just a simple cloak!) and at least some plotting for basing, whether I actually end up doing any of it or not., and yes. Because I'm .. going to paint some of them, at least, this coming weekend.

I want to know more about the cloak business. 

A lot of shaving and sanding to make the edges look a little more like, you know, fabric. It's way easier with Bones.. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sylverthorne said:

A lot of shaving and sanding to make the edges look a little more like, you know, fabric. It's way easier with Bones.. 

600 grit sandpaper? ebony boards?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

600 grit sandpaper? ebony boards?

Needle files and much swearing, for the last one. 

... it was worth it, though. I entered him, and got a medal! It was bronze. I was chuffed. ^^;

• Like 10

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

Edited by TGP
*thanks whitewulfe.
  • Like 5

37 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted in one day?

Probably 32, eight stands of four 15mm Sumerians. Relatively easy, since the figures didn't have much in the way of clothing or equipment.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ ...largest number of Miniatures ... painted in one day?

I think my record is 6 or 7. Not very many. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted in one day?

Are we talking to completion, or just painted?

Completion, is probably three.  In one day?  A dragon, five heroes, and all the terrain that came with them....  With a size 0 brush for some strange reason. :ph34r:

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Question for:

I think around 20 or so GW night goblins from the Battle for Skull Pass box. 

• Like 8

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Are we talking to completion, or just painted**

**as in, added some paint to, worked on a bit?

I was thinking to completion. I better go back and modify the question. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

**as in, added some paint to, worked on a bit?

I was thinking to completion. I better go back and modify the question. 

Thinking about day 7 then....  I suppose my answer would be changed to....  Five humanoids, and one big dragon. :P

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

May 20 ~ What do you think is the largest number of Miniatures you have painted (to completion*) in one day?

3. And that was really rushing things!

• Like 9

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Question for:

• 25 /28mm - One.
  • 10mm - four regiments ( Warmaster Undead).
  • Large scale / Bust - HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAARRGGGHHH!!!!
  • Like 9